The Long Furniture Company

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by ReStore Cape May, Oct 8, 2019.

1. ReStore Cape May

ReStore Cape May New Member

Joe2007 and komokwa like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hi again! I suspect we are going to need to see each of these pieces separately (individual pictures of the whole item and as many details as you can provide - wood grain closeups, construction details, measurements and any markings. It's not clear exactly how many there are, but it might be best to present them in individual threads so no one get confused.

Michael77 likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

1930s deco waterfall bedroom set. Looks like you are missing a couple of mirrors. Won't hurt you on the dresser but detracts significantly not having it on the vanity. Our Habitat here in semi-rural Midwest would price the 2 larger pieces in the $150.00 range. Maybe a bit less on the dresser since there appears to be some damage. Maybe $30-35.00 on the nightstand and maybe $40.00 or so on the vanity with bench due to lack of a mirror. We would not be able to get all that much more at retail here on these. I suspect you might be able to get a bit more than that in your coastal location.

Our Habitat has been pushing prices of late and, as a dealer, I can seldom buy there any more. I have noticed an increase in inventory as a result but things do eventually sell. Items that reach the markdown stages are not usually much I am interested in.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

is that seat attached to the desk?
    the label seems funny for solid wood furniture,,,

i need help likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I guessed that the label is on the bench or stool to the vanity (pink on the left?) But that is sort of why I suggested individual pictures.

6. komokwa

& I agree.....
    nice desk....ugly seat !! IMO..

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Cape May is more than just coastal. Seaside tourist destination, lots of B&Bs, quasi-Victorian look. Demand for good vintage bedroom furniture probably much greater there than where you are.

Joe2007, pearlsnblume and Bakersgma like this.
  8. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

As an idiotic aside, I used to go to school with a fellow whose first name was "Restore."

Always pronuced REstore, I remember his last name oo, but will not advertise it.

:)

pearlsnblume and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

that's weird !

10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

That name is almost ordinary if we take a look at some of the names famous people give their kids these days.

11. ReStore Cape May

ReStore Cape May New Member

Thank you everyone - we have priced the pieces and are posting it locally for the Cape May Bed and Breakfast Community who might need it for a Victorian home, albeit the furniture is not from the Victorian era. I appreciate everyone's comments and camaraderie!

Figtree3, komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Draft saved Draft deleted