Featured The Outdoor Girls

Discussion in 'Books' started by Born2it, May 26, 2022.

1. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

Belonged to my Great Grandmother, before her marriage. Squee!
    F3A9FACB-8EA6-4BCD-9821-9865D6979A75.jpeg B9689B59-7573-4702-A4C6-CE13CD62BA2C.jpeg C15807C1-01F9-452F-ADAA-152128A99EC5.jpeg E3D9BD6E-5039-43BC-AA94-B218DB88E9E7.jpeg

2. Silverthorne

Silverthorne Well-Known Member

Love it! I inherited troodles of book series. Had about 15 Outdoor Girls, ditto the Bobbsey twins, Marjorie Dean, Ruth Fielding, Tom Swift, etc., etc. It's amazing the things one remembers. It may have been a for a Jeopardy question some years ago that I remembered the answer was: "marl." Haven't thought of the word these many years since, but I remember at the time, identifying some on our property by Ruth's description.

antidiem, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

In college, to become a teacher ( before google) we had to research an author for the Elementary Language arts class. I chose Edward Stratemeyer. Very interesting man. My granddaughters have fallen in love with The Bobbsey twins .
    https://stratemeyer.org › hope
    Laura Lee Hope - Edward Stratemeyer & the Stratemeyer Syndicate
    Edward Stratemeyer wrote the first book in the Bobbsey Twins series in 1904 under the pseudonym "Laura Lee Hope ." The rest of the series was written by ghostwriters under the outlines of the Stratemeyer Syndicate .

antidiem, pearlsnblume and Born2it like this.
  4. Jon L

Jon L Well-Known Member

The Bird Boys, (which later morphed into the Aeroplane Boys) and the Girl Aviators highlight the fascination of early aviation, circa 1912. John Luther Langworthy authored the male series (although the 1st book had male and female leads) and the female series by Margaret Burnham. They're great peeks into teenage culture of the times during the advent of new technology. Good stuff as adolescent mind candy.

Draft saved Draft deleted