Featured The tale of a weekend....

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ownedbybear, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

A rainy one, of monsoon proportions, but yet there were indoor boot sales.

Let's start with Saturday. First buy from a tres jolie French woman. Bit more than I normally pay, but I do love blue glass and these are huge.

P1200178 small.JPG P1200179 small.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

And then we moved on to the indoor car booty. First off, a nice woman who I buy from far too much. The brooch was the dirtiest thing, but a toothbrush and window cleaner worked wonders. I think the longer necklace might have a new extender and clasp. The rest looks older. The Czech one needs a new spring ring, but hey. Tigers eye is recent, I need to check the maker. P1200200 small.JPG P1200199 small.JPG P1200197 small.JPG P1200198 small.JPG P1200220 small.JPG P1200201 small.JPG P1200187 small.JPG P1200186 small.JPG

3. Ownedbybear

Someone else I buy from. Oops. She thought this was new, I don't. A whole three quid.

P1200202 small.JPG P1200203 small.JPG

PepperAnna, dude, lovewrens and 5 others like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

And then I moved on to a nice woman who was selling stuff to get her clutch fixed. Also there was a bloke who normally grabs everything and scraps it, but he must have been in a good mood. He told her that what I was offering was reasonable - which it was. He was louping things and missing hallmarks. As in the gold brooch. I could see something on it. Well, whoopy doo, it's nine carat.

I think the bracelet is Eilat stone. I missed the silver mark myself.

P1200184 small.JPG P1200183 small.JPG P1200188 small.JPG P1200190 small.JPG P1200182 small.JPG P1200185 small.JPG P1200181 small.JPG P1200180 small.JPG P1200189 small.JPG

5. Ownedbybear

Forgot the gold brooch! I probably will sell this one, it's too small for my taste.

P1200177 small.JPG P1200176 small.JPG

PepperAnna, dude, lovewrens and 9 others like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

And we move on to Sunday, driving through standing water.

Mostly bought again from sellers I know. Poor sods had had stuff nicked from their stall. :(

Pekin Glass! And malachite beads, which I love.
    P1200230 small.JPG P1200226 small.JPG P1200229 small.JPG P1200228 small.JPG P1200227 small.JPG

7. Ownedbybear

Three very modern silver bracelets, loved the discs. And a modern carved MOP pendant. P1200233 small.JPG P1200232 small.JPG P1200234 small.JPG

PepperAnna, kyratango, dude and 7 others like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Another nice woman, who I warned about the thefts, so I think I got a deal. ;)

Silver and pearl earrings, bonkers earrings and aa brooch which probably swears in Mandarin.

P1200225 small.JPG P1200224 small.JPG P1200223 small.JPG P1200231 small.JPG

9. Ownedbybear

Oh, and with the bracelets a brooch which looks duette but isn't.

P1200221 small.JPG P1200222 small.JPG

PepperAnna, kyratango, dude and 8 others like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, you got some good items!

LOVE the (watermelon glass??) brooch and that peking glass goldtone bracelet is really stylish.

Good haul!

11. Ownedbybear

I was quite pleased. ;) I like both the Pekin ones: the silver tone has some nice details. I can't help thinking the watermelon one has to be a good maker.

12. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Great finds! Are the £3 necklace stones or glass?

dude, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

I grabbed them thinking stones, but they're glass. I suspect Czech, the bars look it too.

14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Be still my beating heart!!
    Indoor boot sales :woot:? Not jealous at all :shifty::blackalien:
    All ours were off. Swamped :(.
    Lovely treasures. That brooch with the wire arms on the back is made by a ‘someone’ but I’d have to think of who…..

dude, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  15. Ownedbybear

Today's sale actually had four outside stalls as well as the inside ones - there's a sort of canopy. Mad fools.

dude and KSW like this.
  16. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I like them all. I never see stuff like this here.

dude and KSW like this.
  17. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That watermelon brooch is fab !

dude likes this.
  18. Satin In A Coffin

Satin In A Coffin Well-Known Member

So much sparkle! I love the blue earrings and the brooch. Nothing beats the satisfaction of bringing home something grungy and making it shine. She sure cleaned up well!

kyratango and dude like this.
  19. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I think some D&E Juliana are made with that construction. Could be way off base but worth a look?

dude likes this.
  20. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Watermelon rivolis and that Isle of Man brooch? We never get anything that good any more. Went to a church sale on Saturday, but it had been picked (Bear????) before they even opened the doors. I found two pair of sterling no-account earrings worth the buck each I paid ...and then Bear comes in here with this. It's jealous I am!

Draft saved Draft deleted