Featured The Trick About Meissen and Meissen Style - Is this Vase Meissen?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Luis, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Luis

Luis Member

Hello,
    I just happened to buy this potpurri urn with encrusted flowers and hand painted bouquets; the urn is also decorated with two cherubs at each side. The urn looks impresive and bears what I would call a Meissen Style mark, but I am not 100% if this is Meissen or another porcelain mark that I cannot find a reference about it :sorry:. Can you please let me know if you can identify the mark? There are incised numbers at the bnottom as well. Also, do you think the urn might be late 19th Century or 20th Century? The size of this item is 17.5" tall, 10" long and 6.5" wide.
    Thanks for your usual help ;)
    Luis

Urn 1.jpg Urn 2.jpg Urn 5.jpg Urn 6.jpg Urn 7.jpg Urn 8.jpg Urn 9.jpg Urn 10.jpg Urn 11.jpg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I can’t help I’m determining authentic Meissen, just would suggest you give clear photos of impressed marks or write what it says.
    It’s Beautiful!

judy likes this.
  3. Luis

Luis Member

I have retaken some additional pictures. SDeems that the mark is a bit blurry, hope this woprks better! The incised numbers are 394 and has the letters DH.
    Thanks!
    Luis

Urn 12.jpg Urn 13.jpg Urn 14.jpg

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice photo's !!!!

i need help likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think the mark more closely resembles Gotthelf Greiner of Thuringia, but not the same. (Maybe some company claiming the lineage?)

Maybe like this?
    z.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  6. Luis

Luis Member

Hello,
    Thanks for your responses. I googled based on your suggestion and found that another possibility might be Limbach (please see attached picture).
    3F1C0E2B-0028-4679-85F5-1CB1DF0074C0.jpeg
    F625B893-578C-412E-A582-D49537E4F2B7.jpeg

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's a possibility. Do you find any Limbach pieces that seem stylistically similar?

8. Luis

Luis Member

Nope! :oops:
    I guess your reference is more likely to the real thing.
    Thanks!:D

Draft saved Draft deleted