Featured Things I can't pass up at a garage sale.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ulilwitch, Apr 10, 2021.

1. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Not that I don't have enough of this stuff but I looked at this bowl and thought, "Wow, that is so pretty". This was at 1 pm and she was closing at 2 pm so she gave it to me for $1.00. I have no idea who made it or what its value is but like I said, I thought it was pretty and unusual compared to the stuff I had. Just got home a little while ago and tried my best to get some decent pictures. All I have is my tablet but if you would like something different just let me know. The bowl is 4" high and 8" across the top. crystal bowl 1.jpg crystal bowl 2.jpg crystal bowl 3.jpg crystal bowl 4.jpg

dgbjwc, judy, elarnia and 7 others like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Very pretty. Sorry that’s a fairly unhelpful comment but it looks nicely cut.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It looks later than Grandma's stuff, but Grandma got hers when she and Grandpa got married in 1921. For a buck I'd have nabbed it too. As I recently told another lady gleefully making off with a big cut glass bowl "Thank you for buying that so I can't [get into trouble for buying it]."

4. ulilwitch

All comments are helpful because you think it's pretty too.

5. ulilwitch

I do understand. I have several from my Mother and my Grandmother. They are so lovely. Mom actually used them for Holidays. Fruit bowl, jello with marshmallows, pudding and whipped cream, whatever her cold dishes were.

6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

From what I understand, cut glass with a combination of polished and unpolished cuts are relatively new coming out of Europe.

KSW, pearlsnblume, ulilwitch and 2 others like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me. If it's pretty enough, why not? We used Grandma's for fruit cup at Thanksgiving, centuries ago.

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

It kinda sorta reminds me of McKee's Innovation line. Whenever I see the rows of cut buttons, that's what comes to mind. It's really a nice bowl and a bargain as well.

9. ulilwitch

It really does look like the McKee Innovation line. I will have to see if I can find out any thing else about it. Thank you.

KSW and cxgirl like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

beautiful piece @ulilwitch, and a great price:) It does look like the Innovation line, never seen a piece before.

ulilwitch, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted