Thistle baby carriage

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Thepatient, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Thepatient

Thepatient New Member

I know that it's Canadian made, possibly 1940-60's. I'd like to know where I could find more information about this stroller, its history and how much it might be worth. Also, should I keep it as is or should I restore it?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

2. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

I had a very similar Thistle, slightly more streamlined in a metallic green for my first born in 1960. It admirably serviced all 3 of my kids, but very few young women today have the luxury of being a stay-at-home mom and are able to enjoy an afternoon stroll with baby. Today's mom needs something that will fold up and fit in the back of the car as their life is go-go-go.
    The older wicker carriages have some appeal to doll and teddy bear collectors, but unfortunately, I don't think yours would be as desirable for that purpose.

3. Miky

Miky Never too late to change

I would do more homework,there are people who collect those items. The size of the wheels date it.
    Does it have storage space under the mattress?

Draft saved Draft deleted