Thought I had this figured out, but noooo. Need help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Crystalina, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

I thought I had this pattern figured out. Was just getting ready to post it when I wanted the know the circa date range. Then I seen the zipper. Now I'm perplexed.
    This looks soooo much like the US Glass #15042 Diamond Swirl pattern. Upon a closer look at pictures I can find of the pattern, it appears there is a zipper in the middle of the swirl. This doesn't have that. Did US Glass make a diamond swirl without the zipper? I can't seem to find any.
    I believe this is a pressed glass rose bowl based on the size and the slight inward tapering of the top.
    This bowl measures approx 2.25" tall including the scallop (is that what you call that?) x 3.875" at the widest point x 3.75" mouth opening and a slight indent at the underside of approx.125"
    This piece is so close to the pattern, but I don't want to list it wrong. I also have never seen a rim like this and not sure how to describe it.
    As always I appreciate your insight...
    Merry Christmas! Crystal
    diamond swirl rose bowl 1.jpg diamond swirl rose bowl 2.jpg diamond swirl rose bowl 3.jpg diamond swirl rose bowl 4.jpg

TallCakes and judy like this.
  2. Crystalina

Crystalina Active Member

After months of looking I accidently found it, that is or course after I posted this. It's from Riverside Glass Works! :joyful:

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

yep, looks to be a berry bowl
    Riverside Glass Works
    #348 America
    c1890

anundverkaufen and Crystalina like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted