THOUGHT IT WAS A VERSACE SHIRT?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Dec 17, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Still digging through a storage unit with a friend who won it at a auction & I came across a suitcase with some high end looking clothes (& a Cartier scarf!). I took this because I thought it was a Versace shirt - until I got it home & saw the F. de la Pierrie signature.
    Who made this?
    What is it? (stop laughing; it's smooth on the front, knitted on back & has a zipper over one shoulder!) A shirt? A blouse?
    And it has no tags in it (except what looks like a dry cleaning tag) - is it a knock off? (I also found a pair of leather pants with no tags but the button says Hermes Paris and the back pockets have HH on them - is that a knock off?)
    How do you know what size it is?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

CLOTHES F DE LA PIERRERE 1AAZZ.JPG CLOTHES F DE LA PIERRERE 2AAZZ.JPG CLOTHES F DE LA PIERRERE 3AA.JPG CLOTHES F DE LA PIERRERE 4AA.JPG CLOTHES F DE LA PIERRERE 5AA.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Looks like the dry cleaner classified it as a pullover. Definitely looks like Versace; name could be that of guy who did the art work. Do you really have to unzip it to get it over your head?

An early search result is for an Hermes scarf with the name La Perriere on it.

komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Bronwen

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. Bronwen

Looking at it again, probably so, since front would not stretch.

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't know if your intention is resale but... assuming it is, you might want to check out TheRealReal.com. They sell luxury goods and authenticate. As easy as sending items off to them and they do rest. Their commission is, if I remember correctly 40%, but still leaves a generous profit on high end items. At a glance, they're selling Hèrmes leather pants, vintage or new, for $300 - $550.

Debora

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Man, that is one ugly t-shirt, I guess the uglier the more expensive!:smuggrin:

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

In the eyes of the beholder.

Debora

9. journeymagazine

Thanks Debora that's a great idea! - I am definitely going to contact them (I also got a box of high end purses/hand bags from the unit - including a prada & a jimmy choo + some with names I don't know I'd like to send them).
    Here are the pants - again no tag inside?? But it does have two little handles? on the inside (last pic) that maybe a woman uses to pull them up when she's trying to get into something a little too small for her?

CLOTHES PANTS LEATHER HERMES 1AA.JPG CLOTHES PANTS LEATHER HERMES 2AA.JPG CLOTHES PANTS LEATHER HERMES 3AA.JPG CLOTHES PANTS LEATHER HERMES 4AA.JPG

10. journeymagazine

Maybe the pull over & leather pants went together?!

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's quite a find! You may have a (mini) fortune there. And how lucky to be able to handle all those beautiful items.

Debora

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, a certain type of woman would wear pullover and pants together.

Debora

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
  13. Bronwen

Think more likely for hanging them up. You wouldn't want to fold in a drawer or use a hanger with clips on the leather. Can see them pulling right out if used to get into them.

14. Bronwen

Take a glass slipper with you & go out looking for someone whom they fit. :)

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that should sell nicely !!

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If those are legit, they'll go quickly. Fancy designer names generally do.

17. journeymagazine

How do I know what size they are? Measuring tape around waist?

18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Waistband, inseam etc. Measuring tape from crotch to pants hem and around the inside of the waistband. I'd measure armit to armpit on the shirt, length from back collar to hem. and center back to sleeve hem. Those ought to be enough to find the size on a standard table.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._standard_clothing_size

International clothing sizes are different of course.

Figtree3, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  19. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think TheRealReal.com will take measurements and determine size for you. Check their web site before you go to a lot of trouble.

Debora

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  20. journeymagazine

Debora. I got lucky because they have people here in Miami that will come to my house and review/pick up - I signed up and am expecting them to contact me to make intment to be made today

Figtree3, Ownedbybear and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted