Featured Thoughts before I buy? 18k white gold Belais Citrine Cameo

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by spartcom5, Oct 3, 2017.

1. spartcom5

spartcom5 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I have the opportunity to buy this amazing ring. As you may know Belais is a famous jewelry maker, known for popularizing white gold. Very collectible brand apparently. However, they want $300 for it, more than any piece of jewelry I have bought before. It does fit me nicely, looks to be in great condition, maybe a little abrasion around the outer edge of the citrine. Does everything look original and in good order here? $300? Any help before I make the purchase is great.
    20171002_143137_resized.jpg 20171002_143142_resized.jpg 20171002_143155_resized.jpg 20171002_143205_resized.jpg

2. spartcom5

Forgot it weighs 6 grams, citrine is huge, and I can't find any other examples like it from Belais online.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Die stamped rhodium plated,in the second photo it looks like the top piece of metal has separated and maybe a bad solder seam(blurry photo).

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree, does not look like a genuine Belais mark, a Belais mark should be precise and crisp looking, nice sharp edges to the letters.
    Possibly even rhodium plated, as Holly said.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I just dont see "quality" ,for lack of a better term. The cameo itself seems poorly done.

7. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

I second or third about the mark. Very suspicious.

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with all of the above.

9. spartcom5

I was worried about that marking myself. I just thought hey it's old but yea after looking at other examples online none are as bad as this. I think I will hold onto my $300 and look for better deals else where. Thanks a ton! Really want to own a piece of Belais jewelry now after reading about them.

10. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

If the separation between the ring base and the top is as bad in person as it is in the photo, it has a bad repair and would be considered a piece of "junk".

11. spartcom5

Well I actually just bought this ring for $10 earlier today. Will post better pictures later. I guess it didnt test as 18k they sold it as sterling, couldnt resist because why not. As for the separation Holly its like that on both sides but i cant see why itd be a repair. We will pick it apart when i get better pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted