Thoughts on 2 new paintings I found today at thrift? Artists?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 30, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found these 2 paintings today - one is by a K. Williams, done on wood and seems well done to me; but I can't find anything on a K. Williams artist? Chinese factory painting?

The 2nd I can't tell if it's unsigned or there are 2 initials?
    I think it's cool and I don't know if it's because some people are B & W(walking in street) and some in color.
    Or if it's because of the yellow/green "aura" or outline of the people (in front of building).

Thoughts on these? Any idea of either artist?

Thank you!

ART PAINTING K WILLIAMS 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING K WILLIAMS 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING K WILLIAMS 4AA.JPG
    ART PAINTING K WILLIAMS 8AA.JPG ART PAINTING UNSIGNED GHOST LIKE PEOPLE  1AA.JPG ART PAINTING UNSIGNED GHOST LIKE PEOPLE  3AA.JPG ART PAINTING UNSIGNED GHOST LIKE PEOPLE  3AAA.JPG ART PAINTING UNSIGNED GHOST LIKE PEOPLE  4bAA.JPG ART PAINTING UNSIGNED GHOST LIKE PEOPLE  5AA.JPG

2. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

The first looks like a factory attempt at Kinkaide and the second….there are no words

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I would think both of those were decorative paintings. The first may be a copy of a work by someone like Joseph Thors. The second is of the Cava de San Miguel and the Arco de Cuchilleros near the Plaza Mayor in Madrid.

Debora

Unknown.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  4. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

LOL - it's different, that's probably why I liked it!

Draft saved Draft deleted