Thoughts on thrift store painting? Is this by Roger Vejarano?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jun 23, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this painting today at a local thrift store. It has a palette style that I like and for only $19.95 I thought it was a good deal.
    Trying to research it I found a Latin American artist named Roger Vejarano - is this his work?
    Thoughts on the painting? (the marks in sky are thicker brush strokes with dirty edges - needs to be cleaned I know!)
    Thanks for any info or thoughts!

ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 4AA.JPG ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 5AA.JPG
    I didn't realize photo of back was out of focus & by the time I did I'd already hung it on the wall; so I apologize for bad pic of back of painting! (too big & heavy to lift out of where it is to retake photo - my apologies again!)

ART PAINTING R VEJARANO PERU 6AA.JPG

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

judy and Houseful like this.
  3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The foreground horse/donkey looks similar and to be in the same place on both paintings.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's a Facebook page for an artist by that name. But I think there are two artists with similar names and their work may be getting mixed up.

https://www.facebook.com/roger.vejaranomesarina/photos

This Roger Verjarano, the "Old Lima" one, is from Trujillo and studied at a different art school than the artist above who writes he's from Lima.

"Roger Vejarano - Artista nacido en la ciudad de Trujillo en el año de 1964, regresado de la Escuela Superior Autónoma de Bella Artes de Lima en el año 1989 destacándose por su impresionismo y realismo de sus obras marinas y retratos con su técnica"

Debora

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is the impression I got too, and I agree, this is the Trujillo born Vejarano.

8. Dante Solari

Dante Solari New Member

The one you have was painted by the father Roger Vejarano, i studied with him he was my teacher, he has many sons all are painters.

Houseful and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted