Featured Three for the potties: A bird, a tiny deer and a little devil!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Sep 26, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Howdy do, everyone! I've spent the last 3 days helping my son and d-i-l pack and move so I'm doing some lightweight stuff today. I have several things to run past so here goes.
    #1 A sweet blue ceramic bird.The glaze has that lovely slick feel to it that most McCoy has but the base doesn't make me think McCoy. 3½" tall, 3¾" long, B10 hand written on the bottom. Interesting is the bottom inside about ½" is glazed! Some spots where the glaze is thin, white clay shows through. Bird Ceramic.JPG Bird Ceramic (2).JPG Bird Ceramic (3).JPG Bird Ceramic (1).JPG

#2 A tiny little pink fawn, 2½" tall and just over 2" front to back. No mark anywhere, the same type of slick glaze. I know McCoy did some miniature animals but I don't know if a fawn was one. I've had this little guy forever, just couldn't decide who to attribute him to. Fawn Ceramic.JPG Fawn Ceramic (2).JPG Fawn Ceramic (1).JPG

#3 is a little blue (????) devil, crawling on his belly with gun and bayonet. My gut says post-WW2, probably part of a set or collection of similar pieces but I haven't had any luck finding them. 2" tall, 3" from back toes to end of the bayonet. "Made in Japan" stamped and 25¢ handwritten on the bottom. Devil figurine (4).JPG Devil figurine (5).JPG Devil figurine (2).JPG

2. lvetterli

Here's the bottom pic. Devil figurine (3).JPG

All your expertise is much appreciated! I agree with everyone else who says "YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!"

Linda

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

The bird might be abingdon
    Screenshot_20200926-155304_Chrome.jpg

4. lvetterli

That does look the same as mine! Thank you, @rink28 !!

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  5. lvetterli

I'm pulling this back up to see if anyone has any ideas about the little deer or "devil". Thanks for any help.

Linda

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  6. sebaabes

sebaabes New Member

the little deer was made by Morton Pottery. Sebastian

pearlsnblume, bercrystal and Happy! like this.
  7. lvetterli

Hello and welcome to Antiquers @sebaabes !
    This thread is from 2020 but, surprisingly, I still have that little deer! Thanks, I can do something with it now!

Linda

pearlsnblume, *crs* and bercrystal like this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

9. lvetterli

HOLY COW! I've got $35 on mine. Guess I need to take a better look at it!

Thanks Book!

Linda

pearlsnblume likes this.
  10. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I noticed that and was wondering what makes this figurine so valuable. It looks like they are all being offered on eb by the same seller who specializes in creepy things. I no longer know how to find a seller's sold items to see if they get that price. Maybe you could sell it to that seller?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  11. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

From a desktop you click on see all items just to the right of But it now, then scroll down on left hand side of page and click on sold items. Hope this helps Pam

ola402 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted