Featured Three more glass pieces: 2 vases and a pitcher.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Mar 23, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. Found a couple pieces I love but need help with ID's. Here is the pitcher. 9" tall, cased green on white. I looked through the Kralik-glass site and didn't find anything so it's probably something altogether different. The pontil scar is smooth until you drag your finger in the other direction, then there is a very sharp flat edge.

Green JIP Pitcher (2).JPG Green JIP Pitcher (4).JPG Green JIP Pitcher (5).JPG Green JIP Pitcher (6).JPG

Next, an amethyst vase I've had for some time but haven't really known how to attribute or describe. 7½" tall, light, thin sheer glass. The edges of the ruffling look to have been gilded at one time, it's almost all gone now though. Flowers are enameled and some of that has been washed down. Large pontil scar, quite rough. Amethyst Vase (5).JPG Amethyst Vase (4).JPG Amethyst Vase (1).JPG

Lastly this pretty turquoise-y blue one with enamel scrolls and flowers. It's been washed too many times, much of the gold is worn away. It has a sheared and ground top that has the remnants of gold on it. Bottom is dimpled and smooth with perhaps a very small pontil mark. I haven't even washed this one or the green one yet, just got them yesterday. Thanks for all the help, I've said it before and I still mean it, you are all the best!

Linda Blue Enameled Vase (3).JPG Blue Enameled Vase (5).JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Don't know the first thing about it, but like the handled calla lily vase. :)

judy, Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

I am NOT fond of frit! Except for the first one!

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The bottom two vases look like circa 1900 Bohemian. I'm not sure you'll ever be able to pin them down much more than that. The applied enamel can hold up pretty well but the gilding seems to wear away just be looking at it.
    Don

i need help likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    dgbjwc likes this.
  6. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

@Bronwen and @silverthwait, I love the first one! I don't collect any of this stuff but find I'm drawn to a lot of it and that's one of them!
    @dgbjwc, I think these will do okay but yup, the gold is a bit thin in spots. Thanks for looking, Don.
    @i need help !!!! :jawdrop:NO! I never would have thought it was that good a piece! Looking at pieces with the same kind of applied flowers, I'm kind of floored at what they sell for! It's kind of exciting! And kind of makes up for how truly envious I was when I saw people with Steuben glass on the finds thread. Guess I should be ashamed of myself:sorry::sorry:.

Thanks everyone!

Linda

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Nah. The day will come when you have something to post that makes the rest of us drool -it's part of the fun. :)

janettekay and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted