Featured Three Nice Old Valentines!

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Aquitaine, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

It's time for me to find a venue to move this stuff along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have 3 valentines in fair but of course tender/due to age, condition!!! Have checked eB*y, but prices are ALL over the place.....no dates, but 2 do say Made in Germany.....anybody collect them??? Also, the last one, someone (NOT ME/US!!) must have put a drop of glue on/near the bottom flowers at some point....it doesn't seem to want open fully to stand alone. Have a small simple homemade fourth in an envelope, but am still checking the stamp on it......AND THANK YOU EACH FOR ALL OF YOUR HEARTFELT INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;);););););););););)

BackStandFoldValentines.jpg

Valentine1.jpg Valentine2.jpg

Valentine3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Beautiful!

lloyd249 and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Thanks King!! All part of that house my Mom bought in 1968!!!!! It was SO packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  4. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

Very pretty.

lloyd249 and KingofThings like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Like a lot of other things, cards of this type are being reproduced. That's certainly a factor in the oscillating prices.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

If you list them, be sure to include "die cut" in the title. I think these look older rather than newer, but of course they could be newer.

Here are some of the sold ones... in this group some are older and some are newer. There were also some that did not sell. These were just the sold ones. You could scan for some that look more like yours. The Made in Germany could help, too.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=die+cut+valentine&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=50613&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1

7. Aquitaine

WOW!!! Thanks SO much Fig!!! That shows SO MANY!!! I tried looking up sold listings of them too....guess I wasn't using the right wording....I guess SO IMPORTANT!!!! What I can't figure out in looking, is, what makes some very complex and old die cut (stated) looking at the $5.00 and under level, and then some listed the same, but $15., $25. and UP!!! I know mine are old, and just saw that someone had covered over with a pen, the 'Germany' mark on the smallest one. The person that had these is LOOOONG since dead!!! Any thoughts anyone????

Edit: And in looking at those listings, I now see how to take better pictures of the sides of them too!!!!

KingofThings and Figtree3 like this.
  8. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

Aquitaine, this site helped me with some old Valentine cards that I sold a while back
    http://www.vintagevalentinemuseum.com/

I had one large stand-up, 3-D with honeycombs go for over $41.00! Even the old ones with damage (more than expected wear and tear) sold for decent $ (more than I expected), as long as they were fancy.

9. Aquitaine

Quirky, thanks SO much!! Will check it out now!!!!!

For me.....that was a bit difficult to navigate!!!! But I did message them/him! Let's see what happens! Absolutely won't do eBay for 3 valentines!! Thanks again ALL for your help...esp Quirky and Fig, plus MOS!!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    KingofThings likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Aquitaine,
    Do eBay for three valentines. I had not done eBay for 4 years and just sold one item last year. I used to sell a lot on eBay now when I have something to sell, I write some of my old customers and sell to them. Saves money and HASSELS.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  11. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

My post could have been clearer - sorry. I used that site to learn about the different artists and types of valentines ... but I SOLD all of mine (large ones singly - small ones in groups) through eBay! Listed in January last year with the encouragement from folks on this forum. Here's their pic from the 'Finds thread"
    [​IMG]

cxgirl, Figtree3, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Marking out Germany seems to suggest WWI or WWII during or sometime after either.

Aquitaine and yourturntoloveit like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Those look SO great!!!! Guess I'm super intimidated!!!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted