Thrift Fnd - Gay Art Signed Jonathan - Is It By Gay African American Artist Jonathan Lyndon Chase?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Oct 18, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local thrift store. When I googled Gay art by Jonathan a name came back; Johnathan Lyndon Chase - and auction prices for his paintings were $28,000 & $35,000!!
    But I couldn't find a signature to compare - is my piece by gay African American artist Jonathon Lyndon Chase? (it looks like it's signed Jonathan Twayne? but nothing came up for that name either)

I think it's colored pencils or a painting (if it turns out to be Jonathan Chase's work I will open it to see whatr exactly it is)

Thank you for any help on this one!!

ART PAINTING JONATHAN LYNDON CHASE GAY ART 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING JONATHAN LYNDON CHASE GAY ART 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING JONATHAN LYNDON CHASE GAY ART 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING JONATHAN LYNDON CHASE GAY ART 6AA.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Last name looks like it begins with a "D"

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Surname Dwayne?

TheAmateurGuy, judy, Boland and 2 others like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Jonathan Dwayne

Your eye for art is improving. Sort of looks like pastel under the glass, be careful with it. Don't spray anything onto it to preserve it. If for resale, I'd not open the glass.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

First name spelt a number of ways on the internet but it appears to be Johnathan with an h. Signature looks correct.

Debora

johnathan-dwayne-36d25-42.jpg

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

OH THANKS! I didn't see that either! :)

judy and Debora like this.
  8. journeymagazine

Thanks - was hoping but still not a loser!
    Debora can you give the link to his work because I can't find it
    Thank you all again!

judy likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

10. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Im sure his mother is very proud of his work

Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

12. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

So is the drawing considered a portrait or a "manscape"? :facepalm:

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It appears to be a portrait and, as the sitter is wearing dance tights, may well be someone known.

Debora

14. journeymagazine

If this forum could find out who the ...subject...is- that would be the provincial pulling a rabbit out of the hat!

15. RichardE

RichardE New Member

Yes, I would be very proud if I had a child that was so talented; It’s nice to be in a country where one can express their feelings free of judgement.

antidiem and journeymagazine like this.
  16. journeymagazine

Debora where did you find this? I googled Johnathan Dwayne art and Jonathan Dwayne painting, and couldn't find any examples of his work? I wanted to see what they said anout him as a artist (for his painting/drawing, not as a singer, song writer, composer, actor)
    Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted