Thrift Found , help identifying yellow ware pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dano, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

Hi, I found this nice vase at a thrift store, but found no mark whatsoever, could you help me identifying this dripped vase? GLAZED DRIPPING VASE WITH RIBS.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Dano!

Welcome to Antiquers!

A photo of the bottom would help.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Size would help too Dano. Maybe a custard cup?
    Don

Christmasjoy, Dano and i need help like this.
  4. Dano

Dano New Member

It is like a planter pot size... like 6 1/2" tall and 5" wide aproximately.

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Anything on the bottom? It's in a yellow ware style but can't guess the age just based on this one shot.
    Don

i need help likes this.
  6. Dano

Dano New Member

received_224636191814649.jpeg

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Personally I think it's an older piece (early 20th century) and American. I can't find a positive ID though. This type of glaze was popular in the early 1900's. I find the indents on the bottom ring interesting. I don't think it's something you would find on a modern piece. Also note the little bits of extra clay and the glaze drips. They're not for sure signs of a older piece but taken together with the glaze I think it adds up to an early piece. We'll see what others have to say.
    Don

Dano and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted