THRIFT STORE FIND - 1962 PAINTING BY RENOWN HAITIAN ARTIST JEAN NEHEMY!

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 20, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I wanted to show you the painting I found today when I went back to the thrift store that I found 3 Haitian paintings for $70 each yesterday, and found this one by Jean Nehemy!
    I was hoping I could get more for $70 each but as I looked through the large container the manager told me he needed to go through all of them first because "these are nice paintings" and if I wanted either of the 2 I'd picked out he wanted $200 each!
    So I asked him if he'd do $150 for 1 of them & he agreed "to put some money in the register" since the store was mostly empty - and I picked this one (I did look the name up & saw he was known before I offered the $150 - and later in the car I saw 1 of his works sold for $1,200 on liveauctioneers.
    I don't know where they all came from but there were 30 - 40 more & I hope I make a lot of money over the week-end so I can try to get a couple more!

ART PAINTING HAITIAN NEHEMY 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING HAITIAN NEHEMY 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING HAITIAN NEHEMY 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING HAITIAN NEHEMY 4AA.JPG ART PAINTING HAITIAN NEHEMY 5AA.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

great find....good picking !!!!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Nice! I bought a Gerard Fortune at auction recently. If you see that signature it will probably be worth picking up.

Draft saved Draft deleted