THRIFT STORE FIND - PAULSEN PAINTING BY ERICH PAULSEN?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, May 29, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at my local thrift store & thought it was beautiful - in person the colors 'POP'!

WHen I looked up painting signed Paulsen I got a Erich Paulsen; a German artist whose paintings sell for $1,000's! But I couldn't seem to enlarge one to compare signatures.
    BUT(!) I found one that is a print on canvas with the exact same signature - down to the elongated bottom of the letter S! It is on Wayfair's Global Gallery, but all they say about it is it's a print on canvas by Paulsen (no first name mentioned):
    https://www.wayfair.com/Global-Gall...efid=PINTO49-VHY5822_17026863&PiID[]=17026863

So I'm hoping if the artist whose signature matches mine is good enough to have his work made into prints on Wayfair then maybe I have a Erich Paulsen - or another Paulsen that is well known?
    Thanks for any info - I appreciate the help
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING PAULSEN 1AA.jpg
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING PAULSEN 2AA.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

That P looks vastly different to me, but the rest does look similar.

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

4. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

7. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thanks Kronos (I just saw the sci fi movie where Kronos, a the super computer made to solve man's problems, figured out within seconds of coming online that man was the problem - and tried to end humanity to save the planet - come to think of it, kind of like the Terminator; he even made man hunting robots at the end!) - Unbelievable how you found the right artist; thank you!
    Another question - I found a LOT of prints of her works, but no original paintings; if her work was so recreated she must be/have been a popular artist? Any idea how much an original oil on canvas of hers is worth?

8. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

It's odd that her name in not in any of the listed artists databases.

9. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

I think if someone can put the signatures side by side, I think they will be different. Hannah uses type style a. All her letters are printed. The other flower painting, letters are cursive.

komokwa likes this.
  10. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

11. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

So sad.
    It could explain varying signatures too.
    Just sad.

12. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

All I find is reproductions. Might be someone imitating her work cause if all the ones that are online for sale are repops I doubt any originals made it out to the public.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted