Tiffin Stemware?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JB Evans, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JB Evans

JB Evans New Member

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here. My uncle gave me the glassware that you see in the pictures. I believe it is Tiffin Stemware. Can anyone provide me with more info regarding these? Are they worth anything? I didn't have a chance to wash them yet so they are dusty/dirty in the photos. However, they appear to be in excellent shape. A few of them have a slightly different design but most of them have the same.

Link to Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SQmW6v4jWmjFw4OHMkFVQIzIWrLHCosc

Thanks in advance!

J.B.

Attached Files:

2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

You have Depression era Elegant Glass stems with a "Minton" border, a gold encrusted etch. Many companies made them, this link is to a great web site with lots of glass information:
    https://chataboutdg.com/gallery/index.php

If you search that site make sure to include the word "and" in your search. For example "etch and minton". The default is "or" which will give you way to many results!

This link is to their page comparing the different Minton borders:
    https://chataboutdg.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=9299&mode=search

Christmasjoy, komokwa and i need help like this.
  3. JB Evans

JB Evans New Member

Wow, thank you for the info! Very helpful. Now, do you know anything regarding the value? I am curious as to whether this set is worth a little or alot. Thanks!

i need help likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We can point you in the proper direction to find out what you have , but we don't normally do values as there are just too many factors to contend with.
    Some members having greater insight...may offer up a number......so stay tuned !
    :happy:;)

pearlsnblume and i need help like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is not a huge demand for this type of glassware these days. Folks don't entertain like they once did & they usually are much more casual so they do not need fine china & elegant glassware.

The condition is another factor. This type glassware must be hand washed & must NEVER be put into the dishwasher. It will damage the gold encrusted band & eventually make the glass cloudy looking. It also must be dried immediately after washing to avoid water spots.

i need help likes this.
  6. Cronker

Cronker Active Member

I agree. Value is too hard to decipher since it will depend on location, collector interests and saturation.
    At least where I am, these would be in the tens, not hundreds.
    There is a good market for depression glass in Australia, but collectors know what they are looking for.

i need help likes this.
  7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

You can always try ebays solds for an idea of market value.

i need help likes this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, I recently sold some Tiffin gold Minton goblets (4) with Saucer Champagnes (4) in my bricks & mortar mall space for $3 each, $24 total. Not worth enough to offer on line, too much trouble to wrap and ship. I have a set of 6 tumblers that look like that one of yours in the foreground that are still sitting there for the same price. So keep your day job.

cxgirl and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted