Featured Tiny personal travel alarm clock

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by dcfirebottle, Nov 6, 2019.

1. dcfirebottle

dcfirebottle Active Member

An estate find from years ago. Bucherer 17 jewel Swiss made. Still works great. Leather case is still soft and smooth. I'm guessing 50's or sixties maybe? Seen one other for sale online recently. Not sure if they're asking too much. Any ideas on value? Comments always appreciated.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

In my opinion, utility value only. Just how much would you be prepared to buy one to use and how much do you need one. Sorry to say the answer is probably not very much.
    Maybe $50?

3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

judy and dcfirebottle like this.
  4. dcfirebottle

Appreciate the honesty. I paid more than fifty dollars for this piece and that was twenty five years ago. Probably would rather keep it than let it go for that.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. dcfirebottle

That was the one I was referring to. May be asking a little too much there. Finely made mechanical watches and alarm clocks are certainly items of the past but I have a number of them and there is a certain charm to using them. Plus a vintage 17 jewel Swiss made clock is no Timex.

judy likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if it sells :)

dcfirebottle and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Is it easy to remove the clock from the case? It looks very much like a wristwatch and I'm just wondering if anyone produced a "set" that would allow switching back and forth between functions.

dcfirebottle likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
    I used to have one, but left it behind in a hotel somewhere.:banghead: Mine was bought in the early 60s. It was never made to be a watch, it is too chunky for that anyway. Besides, wearing it without a cover for the dials and buttons on the back would mean you would inadvertently change the settings while wearing it.;)

They are very useful. I use the alarm on my phone now, but like to be able to see the time during the night in a glance, without having to reach for my phone.

moreotherstuff and dcfirebottle like this.
  9. dcfirebottle

For that price, I doubt it. I would probably price mine less and take offers as well

10. dcfirebottle

Like "Any Jewelry" said it really wouldn't work as a wristwatch. Plus I don't think it was made to be removable.

Any Jewelry and moreotherstuff like this.
  11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Yea, I thought the price they are asking is crazy but they are taking offers.

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted