Featured To All My New Friends...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by AuDragon, Nov 15, 2018.

1. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I wanted to let all my new friends know (I hope I am not being too presumptuous in calling you friends) that I am leaving Australia and moving to Thailand for the next 2 years at least.
    I might be offline for a week or two as I settle into my new accommodation and get into a new routine, but I will be back! I will be based in Chiang Mai in the northern hills just inside the old moated city which was built in 1296. I have visited the city more than 20 times, so it's a bit like my second home already and this will make it a bit more permanent.
    I trust my time in Thailand will be of benefit to everyone as I plan to further haunt the markets, antique dealers and second-hand stalls across the province as well as travel into neighbouring countries. I am sure I will have a find (or three) for forum members to consider and offer their valuable and much appreciate advice.
    I love being here every morning discovering the new finds and reading the extensive wisdom of members. Thanks all, take care and I will chat again soon.
    (If anyone is planning to visit, reach out as I would be happy to share some of the interesting places and unique sites that I know.)
    This is just near where I will be living:

Unknown-27.jpeg images-42.jpeg images-41.jpeg images-43.jpeg

kentworld, Figtree3, Bronwen and 19 others like this.
  2. Phil F.

Phil F. Active Member

Best of luck in your new digs... Looks interesting!.....Lots to do... Have fun.... Share your finds!

cxgirl, kyratango, judy and 7 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Good luck & Godspeed !!!

There's an old saying....." nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there "

So....just be aware of all the new rules and regulations that exist there ! ;);)

cxgirl, judy, AuDragon and 6 others like this.
  4. AuDragon

Hi komokwa,
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    You couldn't be more right! And unfortunately, many people fall foul of the extensive regulations, different rules and social expectations. Still, it's been a 15-year dream, so I have to give it my best shot. ;)And obey the rules!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A cultural hotspot, I wish you all the best!
    Is it like a long sabattical? (You don't have to answer that, I'm just being a sticky beak.:playful:)
    No you're not.:happy: Those who don't consider you a friend can speak up now (or forever hold their peace).
    I'd love to hear of new adventures and finds.
    Please do!

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Best of luck AuDragon !!! .. Keep us informed on your 'finds' and of course on your personal self .. it's a big transition to make, but a GREAT one I hope ... Joy. ... :)

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Safe Travels, My Friend! Enjoy your stay, Happy Hunting! Looking forward to your Finds! :)

8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Best of luck. I hope you have a great adventure.

9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Have fun! Eat all that yummy street food for me!

10. AuDragon

It is a cutural centre which is one of its attractions. It's sort of semi-retirement, but I do hope to do some research and perhaps even get invited to a ceramics dig in Myanmar through contacts and through CMU. Other than that, lots of reading, walking, I have helped in an orphanage for several years and just relaxing and travelling. :) And of course, hunting down that special treasure! Now my Indiana Jones delusions are coming out. :joyful:

Bronwen, SBSVC, Any Jewelry and 8 others like this.
  11. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Best of luck on your adventure, AuDragon!

It's always nice when a "regular" lets us know about an impending absence so we don't worry too much. We are a bunch of worrywarts, after all. ;)

12. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I envy you your adventure. Looks beautiful and serene. Hope you find joy and contentment in this your new home.

Any Jewelry, cxgirl, AuDragon and 5 others like this.
  13. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing some of those amazing Thailand finds. Good luck and enjoy yourself!

I wonder they still have some of that good Thai stick over there!

14. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Wishing you all the very best in your new adventure!

mmarco102, cxgirl, AuDragon and 4 others like this.
  15. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Ohh! What a dream to live:joyful:
    I envy you, enjoy your adventure and thanks for sharing your treasure finds, Mr Indiana Jones;)
    And... I'm with Evelyb30 for the yummy street food:woot:

Any Jewelry, cxgirl, patd8643 and 4 others like this.
  16. komokwa

Thai Stick.......??? Ohhh !!
    Waiting in line with some pals , to register 4 my 2nd year at Carleton U.....a guy was walking up and down the line ....$10 each....... we took 5 !!!

BAZINGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I still have one of the sticks........just the stick !! )

17. AuDragon

I think I have some very naughty new friends! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

18. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Oh! You ain't seen nothing yet!

Since you joined this forum while I was on hiatus we are not (YET) well acquainted, but this too shall come to fruition in time. I wish you the best on the changes you are undertaking - change is ultimately beneficial, but the actual journey can be daunting, and some times it is down right difficult. Take all the good bits and enjoy them and call the difficult bits a learning experience (as well as fodder for some interesting future conversations here!).

I look forward to getting to know a new friend!:)

19. komokwa

Wait...aren't you the one going north of Bangkok !!!!:eek:

judy, Christmasjoy, kyratango and 4 others like this.
  20. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Komo you lost me there. You got 5 of what?
    Didn't know you were going to college. Enjoy it, I wish I could redo my college years now.:p

judy, Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted