Featured Today’s little finds

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Oct 4, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Dropped into a flea market today for the first time in ages as it’s rained so no car boot sales :-(
    Found this little lot- I’d love to hear any of your thoughts please :)
    Thankyou

Old coral hand knotted necklace. 1.7m long!. It was filthy so gave it a quick bath and the silk let go so it’s now broken :facepalm:.
    166C1AEC-3FFB-4E36-9F0F-0A185D8F9623.jpeg A2C06C86-6422-423B-8006-18F2C52E84C2.jpeg
    Lovely red and amber glass beads. I love beads!. Broken gold malachite cuff link and a gold safety chain. Old necklace.
    8158AEDA-8F6D-499A-BCCF-EE255C3A6D14.jpeg 0A8CE4C4-1A35-4C76-B244-477411EA93B8.jpeg
    Old necklace and ballerina.
    6604B644-3F3F-46BF-8565-2B9F8876924D.jpeg
    Is this 50s?. Glass. Love the trumpet flowers.
    19DC2F4C-D303-4084-B988-88E0CD6BDF15.jpeg
    Little bag and frame.
    B48E9A26-7072-427E-8B44-88B5E14D3133.jpeg
    No idea what this is made of?. Any thoughts?
    05C38E9A-EB02-4603-BB9A-7C032697CC7D.jpeg
    Garnet necklace or glass?
    875C8467-3BEA-4080-A32E-C7BBDDA71479.jpeg

2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Pretty enamel safety pin type brooch.

EFC28D26-84AB-49E1-A45F-33E896151B60.jpeg E7419FFB-6D81-4991-A688-1BD3570B64B1.jpeg
    Not sure about this bracelet. Signed with an E on the clasp that you can just see in the photo. Only one I can come up with is Eisenberg?.Broken off safety chain.
    D82A5198-91A6-41BD-B384-8B44DE803432.jpeg 439138D8-597C-4A74-BA97-A10DBE18C8E1.jpeg

3. Arlene_V

Arlene_V Active Member

That coral necklace is incredible!

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Very nice? Is the old necklace silver? Found the same ballerina a few weeks ago. Could the brooch have been a button, it doesn’t seem to sit very well in the fastening?

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and scoutshouse like this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Old necklace is just base metal I just quite liked it.
    Brooch could well have started life as a button and be repurposed as it’s so pretty.
    2EDFDDA0-B1DF-4BA4-B0F8-16A88F763A2C.jpeg

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yep, total loss.:shifty: Not to worry, I will get rid of it for you.:greedy::D

Great finds, K!:happy: Those coral beads look antique.:happy::happy:
    The metal necklace has some Art Nouveau. Very elegant.
    The glass flower and hearts necklace is a sweetie, something for the costume joolies (while I take care of the coral for you ;)).
    The frame could be gilt brass or pinchbeck.
    The round brownish pendant looks Chinese, serpentine or jasper maybe?
    The beads in the garnet necklace are slightly irregular, so I'd say garnets. Probably from India, but could be Bohemian. Either way, they are lovely.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Bargain I thought at £12. Would be even better if I hadn't just broken it but I suspect it was ready to go. Now I've got to restring it!.

8. Any Jewelry

Absolutely!
    Yes, the string would have broken soon anyway. You can practice your knotting now.:playful: It will be worth it.

9. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

KSW - At least you were not wearing it at a crowded cocktail party!

10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

These are mine,mine,mine!
    Lol, I made a momentary pretence as to if I was going to buy them at that price, couldn't get them in my bag quickly enough and moved on swiftly!. That was from an antiques dealer too. I must visit more often!. I must say I'm not looking forwards to 1.7m of reknotting........
    Do you know about the date of the little bag or is there someone I should tag to ask?.
    I only bought the Chinese pendant as I didn't know what it was made of and it was going to be the same cost as I had a handful of stuff!.

11. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

KSW, with the amount of goodies you buy you may want to consider getting a gem tester that tests for more than diamonds. You would know in an instant if those red beads are glass or garnet ;)

12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That,Silverthwait,is very true. I don't look elegant grovelling round on my hands and knees. And trust me I'd stay there until I found every bead.
    Dont tell my OH!. I keep looking at them just don't know which to buy. I really can't justify a really expensive one but it would be fun. I could tell OH it's an investment that would earn its keep :joyful:

13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That flower necklace has a 30s clasp on it. As for the those poor corals, I'd be busily restringing them at the kitchen table tonight.

14. Any Jewelry

I think 1880s-90s, with that circular pattern. I occasionally find the pattern on 1860s silver frames here in the Netherlands, but I suspect those bags are later replacements.
    The gilt brass/pinchbeck frame looks older. It is a beauty.

15. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I need to buy silk. Is this the right stuff?. How do I know what size or do I have to buy several sizes and hope I get the right one? Pink ok? Use the same clasp?. Sorry so many questions!

Edit- damn photo won't load. It gets very snippy about screen shots. Back in a mo.

Here we go. Can you buy it in larger amounts or just on these little cards?
    FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Bronwen and i need help like this.
  16. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

17. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

18. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Cool. Thankyou. No idea they were so old.

Bronwen, i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  19. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice, love the ballerina.

KSW, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  20. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Beautiful. I also love the ballerina.

Christmasjoy, pearlsnblume and KSW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted