Todays Haul: Vintage Jade? Murano Glass Fish?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Alesia42, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

Hi everyone!...This is todays Thrift pics via an Estate sale.....The first is a glass fish that I think is Murano?...but I'm not sure...I purchased it because of the flower design....its in great condition..$11.....then there are a pair of statues they are a soft somewhat ombre green....possibly jade?...$11.25 ea).....these statues are approx 5.5 in ht...are in good condition...although I thought I did see a fine crack in the sunlight... there are quite a few cloudy, tan...and dark inclusions within....I'm not that familiar with Jade....the statues are cold/hard to the touch...but do I know that other natural stones like Agate and or Serpentine have been used along soapstone and others) in Chinese carvings.....please feel free to share your thoughts...... rsz_1estae_sale_haul_murano_glass_fish_&_2_jade_guan_yin_statues_33_002.jpg rsz_estae_sale_haul_murano_glass_fish_&_2_jade_guan_yin_statues_33_004.jpg rsz_1extra_close_ups_murano_fish_002.jpg rsz_extra_close_ups_murano_fish_001.jpg rsz_12_extra_guan_yin_close_ups_001.jpg rsz_1estae_sale_haul_murano_glass_fish_&_2_jade_guan_yin_statues_33_007.jpg rsz_estae_sale_haul_murano_glass_fish_&_2_jade_guan_yin_statues_33_009.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 and Potteryplease like this.
  2. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

This is the back of the statues..... rsz_1jade_statues_back_001 (1).jpg

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Hi Alesia, if you purchased the fish for resale, please be sure to mention that the glass is damaged-cracked on top of the mouth. Sorry, not so great condition.
    I doubt these figurines are made of jade, appear to be made of much softer stone, but please wait for someone who knows what these figures are, to comment.

4. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

For $11!!.....the glass fish is great!.......and not damaged.....that is just the way that the mouth was made...there is a slight dent above it...but its not chipped or cracked.... I love it with its imperfections...nothing that nature created in real life is perfect......so its definitely a keeper!!..... rsz_1extra_close_ups_murano_fish_002.jpg rsz_1murano_glass_fish_mouth_close_up_001.jpg

5. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

I'm adding extra close ups of the fins.... rsz_close_up_of_glass_fish_fins_possibly_vintage_morano_004.jpg rsz_close_up_of_glass_fish_fins_possibly_vintage_morano_002.jpg rsz_close_up_of_glass_fish_fins_possibly_vintage_morano_003.jpg rsz_close_up_of_glass_fish_fins_possibly_vintage_morano_004.jpg rsz_close_up_of_glass_fish_fins_possibly_vintage_morano_001.jpg

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I like the fish a lot too, but the fact of the manufacturing bubbles and folds above the mouth make it look like a crack, sorry.

judy and Alesia42 like this.
  7. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

The imperfections are not important to me.....perfection is just a illusion.... rsz_1glass_fish_upright_001.jpg

8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Looking at the tiny bubbles in the fish I would say chinese.

antidiem and judy like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

My first thought was Chinese too, not that I'm anyone's expert. The statuettes are some sort of cast material; I don't see stone at all.

antidiem and judy like this.
  10. Alesia42

Alesia42 Active Member

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'm thirding Chinese. The millefiore isn't fine enough.

antidiem likes this.
  12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted