Tongue off of a Horse drawn hay rake

Discussion in 'Tools' started by rknarr2, May 19, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

After my dad past away, my mom was ready to move away she moved in with me her youngest child. I found these and do not know what they are and hope someone can identify them. The silver one has a hole with TTS. PENN. P.F. which I deducted could mean Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but not sure about P.F. meaning and on the other side can not read the first part but the second word is like HILTON CO. or MILTON CO. I tried cleaning that area off and using a magnifine glass and a flashlight to see it better. I hope someone can help me to identify these. I thought maybe it could be a scriber tool but then I thought maybe it could be a brake for a horse pulley or a tongue for a horse drawn hay rake. I am just clueless. Thank you.
    Regards,
    Rob
    IMG_6310small.JPG IMG_6311small.JPG

2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

You didn’t give the size which is important, also try to take better pics on white background. Pics of the writing may get help from some of the eagle eyes here at deciphering. I’m not hopeful you’ll figure it out since looks like it could be a small part of a much larger whole. Your guess is certainly better than mine since I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a horse drawn hay rake, never mind it’s tongue!

3. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

The aluminum one is nearly 16 1/2" x around 1" wide on one end and about 1 1/2" wide on the other end x roughly 5/16". The black one is nearly 16 3/4" x 1" x 3/8" and its attachment is about 3" x 1" x 1" and the hole in the attachment is around 1 1/4" diameter. I was trying to help brainstorm but they are probably not horse drawn hay rake tongues. The pictures show front back and particulars like side attachment on the black and letters on the aluminum. Hope these dimensions and pictures help.
    IMG_8416small.JPG IMG_8417small.JPG IMG_8419small.JPG IMG_8422small.JPG IMG_8423small.JPG IMG_8424small.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted