Featured Trained my husband well, I did

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Hubby went to the transfer station this morning with a load of cardboard. Imagine my surprise when I looked out the window and saw the back of the truck. This is the man who usually despairs of me going to the swap shop when we visit the transfer station. It's not actually an antique, but it's a nice gun case and the key was in the lock. I bet it's the first thing that will sell at our upcoming yard sale.

It's only taken 30 years to get him on board, heh-heh. ;)

2015-04-26 09.09.40 (600x800).jpg 2015-04-26 09.13.53 (385x800).jpg

2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

transfer station
    Is that the Tip.?

About 15 years ago I took an old TV to the tip and came out with a cast iron fire surround with all the tiles intact, it raised about £300. :D

cxgirl likes this.
  3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Nice !!! ("ya done good."..not only on the gun case but also on converting your DH):happy:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    Are you sure he did not get it for himself????? I remember once going up the street to a woman who had a sale. She had a stack of saucers marked 10¢ each,
    they did not sell so she put them out for the trash. I picked up the 10 of them and sold them on ebay for $50 each. They were Crown Derby Imari.
    greg

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

The case looks like 1960's vintage, & I really like the porch extension image on the upper glass pane. !!!
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.......:woot:

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

My dad had the EXACT same gun case,so definitely 1960s ! Sure brought back memories seeing this one. :)

7. vintagerobin

vintagerobin Well-Known Member

We're no longer allowed to remove any thing from the "dump". Probably because there were people who stayed there all day to see what was being thrown away.

That being said, my coffee table, which is a cut down library table, came from the dump before the rules changed. (But I didn't stay there all day waiting for it. lol)

cxgirl likes this.
  8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Yes, it's a Tip. It used to be a dump. Then it was a landfill. Now, landfills are capped and they take the trash to SEMASS where it's burned for energy. There's a recycling area which is one of the two local hangouts - the Post Office is the other - where everyone brings their recycling on Sunday afternoon and socialize. Candidates hand out their info. It's great. Down in the back is a little building called the Swap Shop or Gift House. People who have good things they don't want drop it off. It's run by volunteers who are all pickers and usually get the good stuff. We don't own any guns, so it'll go into the yard sale.

9. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Yeah, that porch extension sitting on the shelf is kind of cute.

Draft saved Draft deleted