Featured Triangular blue milk glass condiment/salt pepper? stand - whodunnit?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Sep 11, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Here's a triangular blue milk glass stand with 3 impressions - perhaps for salt/pepper and something else? 6 1/2" wide on each side. 2 1/2 inches tall(plus the handle).

Anyone know who might have made this? Haven't quite seen one like it before.

Thank you once again!

42798427420_30ee072a60_kdev.jpg 44558769922_2e918b2f4e_kdev.jpg 43699300805_f8c64157be_kdev.jpg 29670460267_6c02dc07cf_kdev.jpg 43699309565_4849966e17_kdev.jpg 44609045991_1e32b03bd0_kdev.jpg

2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. aaroncab

Wow CX, that was fast :) Thank you - I'm saving this page and will look into it more. Wish I had the jars :)

4. aaroncab

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

You are very welcome:)
    Yes, there are a few on pinterest - there is neat set with a light colour base and different coloured jars. You might be able to find some being sold without the base or maybe someone will be looking for the base.

6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

7. aaroncab

What a great page! Looks like the shakers do show up on ebay/etsy from time to time. My first step however will be to check the thrift I found this at over the next few days/weeks...

8. Bronwen

9. Bronwen

This is the other good news from the page on condiment sets, concerning 'Creased Bale':
    The Creased Bale sets have not been reproduced.

Joshua Brown, aaroncab and antidiem like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great page Bronwen!
    yup, things get separated and if you are lucky you can find the missing pieces! I hope you can:)

11. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Love it and love the color.

judy likes this.
  12. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

I have a track? for the provenance of your glass work which is certainly for condiment as said, in the 60's you can won that sort of item in Belgium and France in the fun fairs, with the air shooting gun or with raffles, they were maid certainly in number of countries for that purpose.
    This glass industry in our countries died at the beginning of the 70's with low cost synthetic materials from Asia, here in Switzerland all decoration glass stopped at this time and industry just product beer or wine flasks and jars for preservation of aliments, now they have reduced drastically their production but survives for a time.
    A link to some examples or art industrial glass in 20th century : http://institutions.ville-geneve.ch...s/archives/le-verre-artistique-de-saint-prex/

Jivvy, LIbraryLady, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted