Triangular shaped bottle partial stamp label

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mill Cove Treasures, May 5, 2020.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Quarantine clean out. I found this small triangular bottle that has a partial liquor tax stamp on the bottom of the bottle lip. Under the portrait is the name Carlisle. The cork is odd, it doesn't go into the bottle but around the top. There is a mark on the bottom but that could just be a striation. 1 5/8" wide, 2 7/8" tall.

Searching online, I did find Carlisle liquor stamps but not on a bottle like this. I did find a couple of mini triangular liquor bottles, again, not like this. Any idea which liquor was in this and how old it is? I'm guessing it was whiskey.

P1390328rs.jpg
    P1390331rs.jpg

P1390349rs.jpg
    P1390329rs.jpg
    P1390350rs.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Could be the stopper of a larger bottle.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That’s what I would suggest......Turn it the other way up and you’ll see it looks MUCH more like a bottle stopper....maybe even one of those fancy brandy bottles!!!!

4. Mill Cove Treasures

At first, I thought it could be from a different bottle, however, the label is glued to the glass lip and it is partially on that paper ring. It looks like a knife was used to chip away at the cork. I should have mentioned that none of the other triangular mini liquor bottles I found had this glass neck ring.

5. Mill Cove Treasures

:hilarious::hilarious: Aquataine, I think you hit the nail on the head.

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

But if there’s a little hole in it, it would still make a cute mini bud vase!!!!!:happy::happy: Cleaned off, of course!!

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Good call.

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted