Trifold, drop front panel vanity, to restore or not?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Dee Esterline, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Dee Esterline

Dee Esterline New Member

6EF63BFF-19CA-408B-A200-3719084C34BD.jpeg 84677A67-AFCC-4203-81E8-6D62DB428B7F.jpeg 58020570-7CF9-4020-846A-B53E1EB6FB86.jpeg 1B9B94F0-F404-49AA-9F36-1568B459A27F.jpeg

Hello!

This vanity is a family heirloom. Unfortunately the prior owner did not treat this charming piece with care. It was given to me a few years ago and now I’m trying to find out more about it. The mirror’s top cut and ornamentation didn’t seem to be common, most all other examples seem to be tampered inward and rounded. So I’m looking to identify the possible year it was made and if this is worth restoring?

Thanks for your time and thoughts

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hello again, Dee.
    Could you please click on 'full image' so everyone can see the pictures? Here is how:

[​IMG]

Aquitaine likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Using the full image lets people with cell phones see your pictures.

Looks 1920s - 30s.
    Howard's Restor - A - Finish or something similar will help with the scratches.
    But wait for Brad to comment before doing anything.

@verybrad

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its worth restoring if you want to keep it and treasure it,otherwise theres about a million of them out there. They werent high end when mass produced .

Dee Esterline, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I hope you keep it and treasure it. I'd love to see my reflection in an heirloom piece that charming, while growing misty about how beloved departed ones did the same. It's beautiful.
    Needs powder puffs, a pretty figurine, and some flowers, and a perfume atomizer.

6. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

And a silver dresser set, a small crystal vase with pink rose, and a butter plate (Limoges china w/pink roses) on which to put one's earrings and watch at night...

Move over, Gila!

7. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

My Mother had a very similar one probably from the 30s-40s. Think she moved on to other things in the late 50s. Yes to a dresser set: brush, mirror, comb. etc. probably in celluloid or other plastic.
    Patd

Dee Esterline and Aquitaine like this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1920 is about right on this.

9. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Absolutely! maybe not in terms of dollars but, there is more than dollars attached to family heirlooms.

10. Dee Esterline

Dee Esterline New Member

Thanks very much I was actually hoping it was 1920s, I don’t know why just thought it would be neat to have something older than my dad.

11. Dee Esterline

Dee Esterline New Member

Thank you. I will do my best.

12. Dee Esterline

Dee Esterline New Member

That’s a lovely image. I’ll do my best to restore it right.

Draft saved Draft deleted