Trio of Oriental Jewelry Boxes...Old..New..Silver..Tin..??? Period..???

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BTZ64, Feb 24, 2020.

?

Copy..Original..Silver..Tin..??

1. Oriental Origine..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Meanings of the Symbols..??

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Here is this nice decorative Trio of Jewelry boxes..(I presume..??)
    The inside is covered with an old black crumpled velvet material...The back ornate inges are a little shaking but still on....
    But at least the serie is complete...???At first glance...The metal used had a little yellowish appearance...But after discretely rubbing few parts..This White Silver color is coming back....(I don't pretend it is Silver...)But the metal used is quite thin ,bright and shining with those Oriental Symbols on top....(Dragon..etc..)
    Dim of the 3 are: A 12cmL x 7.5 H
    B 10 cmL X 6 H
    C 8cm L X 4.5 H
    Don't have a clue where they come from...But an Oriental influence they have..
    Might be Copies for Tourists or not ..But they look quite "Mignonnes and Petites" Could be a nice present for Jewelry box.
    Looking forward to your responses ,Acknowledgement and Facts....JB 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG

dude likes this.
  2. dude

dude Well-Known Member

They're interesting. Pictures of the bases and insides (rather than just descriptions) would probably help the experts identify them.

Houseful and BTZ64 like this.
  3. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks very much...Here I have been able to take some more photos....Sorry Velvet is Purple and not Black....Hope those Photos will help...Can't go back to Seller if not a proper Offer from me.....Please help Thanks I like them..!!JB 015.JPG 016.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG

dude likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They're from India - that ribbed velvet lining is absolutely typical. (Yes, I KNOW those are Japanese style dragons, but people copy stuff!) Brass and white metal.

dude, komokwa, BTZ64 and 1 other person like this.
  5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks for the info..Good to know...

dude likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think their northern neighbours, Nepal. The dragons are Himalayan style, as is the way they are appliquéd. The handles are like on Indian brass boxes.
    The way brass souvenirs are crafted in Nepal is often similar to India, but the Himalayan dragons are a sign of 'up north'.:)
    Just my opinion: Yes to "Mignonnes" (but so many things are), and no to putting in an offer.:sorry::bag:

dude, Xristina, komokwa and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Could be: they probably buy the velvet from the same place!

dude likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Think so, probably Indian velvet. I have a Nepali bone trinket box with the same purple velvet.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    dude, komokwa and BTZ64 like this.
  9. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Top Info as usual ..Incredible..And I have been to Nepal as You know...With my Bouddha Story....But I will have something to say to the seller....Brass..Velvet..Etc..5 euros offer I will no more....Merci..jb

dude and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Perfect, in that case yes to an offer.:)

dude likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

using the same size hinges...on all the boxes....not a lot of quality there !!
    5 euro's may be too much..

dude, Any Jewelry and BTZ64 like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

I was thinking 5 for all 3.

Who is you little blue friend?

dude and komokwa like this.
  13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-2-24_16-25-40.jpeg ......Rat Fink .....plastic ring from the ...70's..... i believe..

dude, lovewrens and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted