Featured Trojan Brass Military GI Pin

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by D_ennyway, Jun 2, 2016.

1. D_ennyway

D_ennyway New Member

I've been playing with this in my grandmother's jewelery my entire life, although she passed away before I ever garnered a curiosity about it. Pardon me if this is not the correct thread, but the only thing I have found regarding the same pin was an eBay listing that was titled "Trojan Brass Military KREW G-I Double Tack Antique Roman Head VTG PIN" so that's all I have to go off, as the person who sold it didn't know anything about it either according to their description. Both of my grandparents were in the military, so perhaps it was one of theirs? My grandmother was WAAC and I know my grandfather was army(he passed away 20+ years before I was born, not much known), so I would just like to know if it was likely that either one wore it or if it was just something they picked up somewhere. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules, I'm new! I apologize for the blurry pictures of the back, I can see GI but I can't make out the other marking. Thanks for any and all info! 1464885717082-510460895.jpg 1464885762407-1062703682.jpg 1464885818620-1535365874.jpg

Bronwen, lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

It is WWII era WAC insignia

3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

4. D_ennyway

D_ennyway New Member

Neat! I suppose that confirms my grandmother wore it during her service, thanks so much for your responses, everyone!

Bronwen, lauragarnet and komokwa like this.
  5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Anytime...
    Also, hola, and welcome to the Forums!

Bronwen and D_ennyway like this.
  6. Gourav Kori

Gourav Kori New Member

Deleted by moderator

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Going by the very elaborately decorated helmet & the 3-strand necklace, I'm guessing this is Athena, who can look quite masculine & would be more appropriate for a women's corps.

Why do people always say 'Trojan'? The Trojans lost the war. Surely a Greek would be more inspiring.

i need help likes this.
  9. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

Clean that green stuff off before it does further damage.

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The OP hasn't been here in over 2 years,old thread.

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Pattywithay

Pattywithay Well-Known Member

Ah geez. I need to pay more attention.

Bronwen and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted