Trouble getting started??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by JJD, Dec 18, 2020.

1. JJD

JJD New Member

Hi all - I'm new to this forum. Just wondering if anyone can help me identify some items? I took pics of them but when I try to upload them to this site it states they are too big? ...even if I try to send one pic. Any advice?

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Email them to yourself as Medium, that resizes them.

Aquitaine, Figtree3, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi JJD!

Welcome to Antiquers............:cat:

If you are using your phone, send them to yourself using Medium, then post here choosing Full Image!

Most every new member has a problem, but we all get it eventually!:happy:

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

My phone has no option for email photo size though apparently some do. I use a photo editing program to resize photos.

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

When I send photos to myself, the option comes up just before I click send.....a choice of size is then an option.

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

On my phone, there is a Resize option given in the email app. However, in the gmail app there is not. Or I've never seen one. Your mileage may vary -- If you do have that option it will work great. I have a non-gmail account that I use in the email app and two gmail accounts in the gmail app. I do have an Android phone. Have no idea what iPhones do.

Otherwise, re-size in a photo editing program. Phones have those as part of the camera or the gallery apps.

Here is an old discussion thread in which people discussed some options. It is in the Support and Testing forum. That might only be visible when logged in?:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos.47650/

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I WAS using Adobe Photo Express, which was FREE, then they messed with it and added a PREMIUM option (that they wanted you to purchase annually!!!) which started messing with my photos....reduced a few to tiny & 9kb......I was furious and deleted the program.....at least on the iPad...don't know if it's messed up yet on my android phone yet.....

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

If you can't select a size on your phone, download them to your computer and right click on them. You may see a "Resize" option.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted