Trying again....

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Donna Lindell, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Donna Lindell

Donna Lindell New Member

Hi, I posted this last week asking for help finding anything I can about it. I had a hard time amending the last post. Hopefully these pictures are better. This is a tea set with six cup, six saucers, teapot, one sugar bowl and one creamer. It was given to my husband by someone he worked for. She said it came out of her sisters belongings after she passed and knows nothing about it. All I know is it was made by Wawel in Poland. I can not find the pattern.

Can I just say you guys on this site are awesome, Thanks for the great conversations, advise, and help.

Thanks,Donna

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

For next time, just be sure & click on "full image" for your pics. ;)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

judy and kyratango like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Found this small notation about Wawel:

In 1945 Krister was overtaken by Polish authorities and nationalized. The company started to operated as Państwowa Fabryka Porcelany KRISTER and eventually Porcelana Stołowa KRZYSZTOF. In 1953 the factory started to use "WAWEL" brand.

Also, found this example on replacements of a piece that has a mottled background (says discontinued in '84): https://www.replacements.com/webquote/wavwav82.htm

I enjoy the colored background - a refreshing change from plain white.

KikoBlueEyes, Sandra and judy like this.
  4. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Not sure if this helps, but the closest I could find is "rose garden," their oldest pattern: https://www.teawithgrace.com/Wawel-Fine-China/

KikoBlueEyes and Sandra like this.
  5. Donna Lindell

Donna Lindell New Member

Will do thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted