Trying to find date/mfg/value of furniture set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Robert Hyatt, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Robert Hyatt

Robert Hyatt New Member

My wife has had this set in her family forever and wants to now sell it. The problem is we don't have any details on it at all.

Sorry for the pics, the pieces are shoved away on our basement. It's a full size bed frame w headboard, a dresser and a vanity.

Anyone know what timeframe and style these are? Maker possibly?

She got an offer of $300 and was going to take it, but I wanted to do some checking first.

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Have you looked in the drawers for a maker?

3. Robert Hyatt

Robert Hyatt New Member

Yep, nothing marked on any of them unfortunately

Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Furniture folks will be along.

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looks like 1920s walnut with curly maple burl/burr. A handsome set!

I'm not sure where you are, Robert, so can't advise you on whether or not you should take the $300. In my area, with the market still as depressed as it is, I'd probably take it. IF I was going to sell the set. Which I wouldn't, because it's so nice.

judy and i need help like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

With brown furniture on the decline.....& you've been looking at it 4 ever.....maybe 300 is not such a bad price !!!

Ghopper1924, judy and i need help like this.
  7. Robert Hyatt

Robert Hyatt New Member

I tried another local dealer and he said only $150! Here's what he said...does this sound accurate?

"Probably $150 because I have to come and get it. It's nice stuff there's not much of a market for the older furniture anymore . The younger girls want to paint everything so they don't want to pay much . And the headboard is a full which is not as desirable as a queen."

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just for information I converted my other half's grandparents waterfall bedroom set from a double to a queen with an adjustable frame. I used the same head board and foot board. Kept the side rails but did not use them.
    greg

judy, Ghopper1924 and i need help like this.
  9. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I think $300 is a good offer. I gave away a similar set. Everything the dealer told you is accurate.

judy, Ghopper1924, Fid and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ghopper1924

"Probably $150 because I have to come and get it. It's nice stuff there's not much of a market for the older furniture anymore . The younger girls want to paint everything so they don't want to pay much . And the headboard is a full which is not as desirable as a queen."

All true, more's the pity.

judy likes this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

20s for sure. $300.00 in my semi-rural Midwest neck of the woods is a very fair offer. The dealer's comments are spot-on.

i need help and Ghopper1924 like this.
  12. Ghopper1924

"Hi,
    Just for information I converted my other half's grandparents waterfall bedroom set from a double to a queen with an adjustable frame. I used the same head board and foot board. Kept the side rails but did not use them.
    greg"

You go Greg!

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted