Featured Turner bird mirror picture -- any idea where to get a replacement mirror border piece?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lucille.b, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Was at a sale, they were giving this Turner mirror border picture away free. In pristine condition except for one thing. The bottom border mirror piece is missing, so needs that repair.

I know these are getting to be a little out of fashion, but couldn't pass it up for free. Here is one sold on Ebay for $228, the same scene. Mine has a solid mirror on all borders, does not have the squares.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mid...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Any idea where I might be able to order or find a replacement section of mirror?

2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

So you would need a 32.5 inch long section of mirror to go across the bottom?

I wonder if you bought a full length "hang over the door" mirror if a hardware store would cut the mirror to the width you need and install it in the frame for you.

If they offer glass replacement for windows, they could probably do the mirror, no sweat.

That print looks like it'd go great with vintage tropical print barkcloth curtains. Sweet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Yes, a 32.5" piece. That's not a bad idea with a mirror. I wonder if thickness might be an issue though. I know a glass guy -- can check maybe.

It truly has an amazing look in person. Yes, very Bark Cloth era. Should post photos later. Always trying to avoid "BIG" or "PROJECT", but this was free....

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

At that price it's hard to miss.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

We have a local glass place that also does mirrors. If I brought it in, they'd measure off what needed to be replaced and fix it. Of course, I have no idea what it would cost. We brought in an Eastlake frame that's about 5' x 3' that was my in-law's and they put a mirror in it for $65. It was beveled as the original would have been, but that's just an example

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted