Twin Tigers

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Katie Hughes, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Katie Hughes

Katie Hughes New Member

My twin sister and I both picked these Tigers out after my grandma passed away. We were always intrigued by them when we would go and visit her. I don't know anything about them besides that they are about 12 in Long solid bronze? And about 10 lbs. Any help or info on these would be appreciated! Screenshot_20200321-183836_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200321-183810_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200321-183908_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200321-183924_Gallery.jpg 20200321_184014.jpg

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

These are beauties ..Meiji period Japanese bronzes. Lovely.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ya...very nice !!

judy, Christmasjoy and sabre123 like this.
  4. Katie Hughes

Katie Hughes New Member

Is there any info on the person who made these? Or is it unknown? I know nothing about this stuff!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

maybe the tag says something...... @Asian Fever ....
    but they made a wealth of these back then... so the item is more interesting , than who may have made it !!

Christmasjoy, patd8643 and blooey like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Katie, you could search under "Meiji bronze tiger" to find similar, note some are different sizes. A few for sale on Ebay, etc. Great that yours is signed, you may want to follow up on that if you ever decide to sell. Very nice!

blooey, Fid, patd8643 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

8. Malcolm

Malcolm Active Member

9. MJM

MJM New Member

Hi,
    Almost certain the bigger mark is Maruki company which is really good quality.The signature upper character is Aki but less sure of the lower one .Possibly Akimitsu?
    If you posted the pictures on Asian Art forum they would definitely identify artist.

Attached Files: