Featured Two ceramic busts ... opinions welcome

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by CheersDears, Sep 17, 2018.

1. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

The old lady could do with a lick of paint from some demented Italian parishioner and was bought at a struggling Sydney auction house more than 20 years ago. The auctioneer rated her a bit and I do, too. (I am easily pleased :) ) She is about 11 inches tall, has obvious repairs and is very hand-made from a dull, grey clay. The man ... can't remember where he came from but he is 12 inches tall and has that stamp which someone might recognise. Any suggestions as to the woman's age and origin would be appreciated, and an ID of the man would be grand. Thanks. P1090368.jpg P1090369.jpg P1090370.jpg P1090371.jpg P1090373.jpg P1090374.jpg P1090375.jpg

i need help, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Any kind of hints as to describing based on clothing etc? I’ve had no luck so far.

3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Have you tried a google image search on the male bust. I'm wondering if the style of that hate might provide a clue. An image search on the mark might also be worth a try. Both are long shots but...
    Don

CheersDears and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

02975A47-E56D-47FB-A609-02E49175E96A.jpeg
    This fellow is labeled as Bavarian. Anyone think he is close? Not to original, just as a direction to start?

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Can we see a picture of the back of the man? I just want to see more detail on the hat

6. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

He has a repair, and is made of a very white, very hard material. I don't think he's of Bosson ilk. Google Images produces everything from Santa to bears. Thanks for trying; he's just a vaguely curious thing and I thought someone might recognise the mark. The Bavarian fellow is very similar.

P1090387.jpg P1090386.jpg P1090388.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted