Featured Two Delft Tiles (Chicken & Flower)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nathan Lindop, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Saw these today with a beautiful radiating glow coming from the subjects. They seem of the correct colours and style with ox-head corner motifs.
    They seem very thick as older delft tiles often are I couldn’t perfectly measure I’m afraid at the time. The back colour seems consistent with 18th Century pale white colour dating.

Any second opinions on this? I’m after a set of delft tiles for my collection. For anyone who read my last two posts I wrote almost the same thing in those two haha xD . I like to collect one of everything I suppose. A Nathan’s Ark of Antiquity

93B83AC6-9CE4-41EB-A052-08854C1AFB56.jpeg 57BC976C-F4CE-4AF4-A75A-4995C5CC23AE.jpeg

SBSVC, johnnycb09 and Bakersgma like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They are very nice, Nathan.
    That turquoise colour around the green areas worries me. It looks like a kind of bleeding, which I have never seen on Dutch tiles before.
    Could we see the sides as well, and sizes please, including thickness?

judy likes this.
  3. Nathan Lindop

Took this really blurry one. They were quite thick

93498991-9C67-479E-8D6B-63B3A4A2ADF5.jpeg

4. Nathan Lindop

Yeh I thought the bleeding was a bit ‘unique’. xD

I’ve bought them now for £5 so not much risk for a bit of fun finding out what they are. Heard that you pay for education in antiques

SBSVC and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

You'll always make a profit on that. If you give me the sizes I could see if I can put a date on them. But I would need a better picture of the sides as well.
    You can get a pretty good education for free on Antiquers.:)

Roger67 likes this.
  6. Nathan Lindop

Haha definitely true, great here. Best part is that if I’m interested in something I see I can get instant advice about the item. It’s unbelievable :shame:

I’ll make sure to as soon as, I go to view the next auction on Monday so I pick up my items from the last auction.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Nathan Lindop

Some photos now they are home. They’re both 1.2 cm thick and 13.2cm height and width but the back and front and the colour of the chicken one horrifically suspicious xD but the flower tile is old. Early 19th century from what I’ve read. So the other one is a repro?

010FA892-1022-4A02-820D-57022CD658A3.jpeg 26FD45CA-30D3-47A7-993F-1EDDBA49F8E5.jpeg 49CA2153-3599-4FF1-A297-3F7653F23AE1.jpeg 0861F7CA-63E9-4B48-8A81-1EC033AA0F52.jpeg 4A4F06AF-C982-41E2-B4C3-DBD609CC7C0A.jpeg

8. Any Jewelry

Dutch tiles are still being made, and used. So not repro, just more recent manufacture.

9. Nathan Lindop

Yeh actually, could still be old enough. I’ll definately sell that on and have a think about the flower

10. Any Jewelry

Depends on what you mean by old enough.;) It looks like anytime between 1970 and now.

11. Nathan Lindop

Great xD hopefully somebody just likes it as a modern tile I’ll get it sold anyway at whatever price it goes for.

Luckily I need a fiver to break even

12. Any Jewelry

I think you'll double that.

13. Nathan Lindop

Best Answer for sure xD

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted