Two for glassies if you please!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Jan 26, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I've been stockpiling some things to ask about and since it's been below 0° F here in Southern Wisconsin all day, this seems a good time to come asking. DSCN0001.JPG DSCN0004.JPG DSCN0002.JPG
    This is too dark for amber, more like Blenko's Honey color. Stands 3¾"tall. The pontil scar looks almost stippled.

DSCN0013 (2).JPG DSCN0014 (2).JPG DSCN0015 (2).JPG This has a cranberry flashed top, stand 4" tall. No mark or squiggle on the base. I know it's something quite common but I've drawn a blank.

Many thanks for any and all assistance. I have 2 pottery items I will post about shortly.

Linda

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

My first thought to the tumbler is Whitehall.....but can't really see the pattern well.

Someone will know for sure tho.

i need help likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Is the ruby on the outside, (stained) or inside, (blown in)?

The tumbler is pressed.

i need help and judy like this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

tumbler looks to be Yorktown by Federal Glass; stained rather than flashed

5. lvetterli

It is on the outside, stained. The pattern is almost a honeycomb thumbprint.
    Thanks.

6. lvetterli

Thank you Cherryhill and TallCakes! That looks like it! Would you call it ruby or cranberry?

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Cranberry, I think, but if selling use both in the title.
    Don

8. lvetterli

Thanks to everyone. Back to work!

9. lvetterli

Any ideas on the little pitcher?

10. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

On the pitcher check Rainbow, Kanawah, Pilgrim. It is where I would start typically those small crackle glass items are hard to nail down.

Draft saved Draft deleted