Two items, unsure of their stamps - please assist...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chandelier, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Chandelier

Chandelier New Member

Hi, Can anyone identify these two markings/stamps that were on the bottom of a teapot and a cup? Not sure if I uploaded them the right direction. Apparently they were bought from an antique-packed estate sale. Thanks in advance! Mark1.jpg Mark2.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

gotta show us the whole item.................................please..

Chandelier likes this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Japanese...and yes please show the entire objects!

Chandelier, Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
  4. Chandelier

Chandelier New Member

Hi again! Thanks for the replies & sorry for the delay. Attached is the vintage teapot and cup. In the original post above's photos, the 1st marking is seen on the bottom of the teapot, and the 2nd photo was the marking underneath the small cup-like object. Believe the teapot has no handle with it. The cup has gold/bronze paint on it that shimmers. Any thoughts about what they could be made of - porcelain or ceramic? Still looking for a translation of the marks. Thanks in advance!
    Teapot.jpg cup.png

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I think the tea pot might have had a wrapped reed handle. I remember pots with wrapped handles being popular in the 1980s/90s. I get a contemporary vibe from the tea pot. The little bowl or tea cup looks similar to wares from the early 20th c, maybe first third. Very sweet.

Chandelier, aaroncab and i need help like this.
  6. Chandelier

Chandelier New Member

Thanks Kentworld, interesting to learn!

Draft saved Draft deleted