Featured Two Paperweights - Please Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Oct 10, 2022.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I found two new paperweights. Because I am addicted, I had to have them. One, the smaller is etched AH Murano on the bottom. It is very small at 2 inches in diameter but only 1 1/2 inches tall. It has tiny canes. Does anyone know which glass house the AH represents? I couldn't find it.

The second is one is bigger at 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 2 1/2 inches tall. The canes are a creamy white color with white dots in the middles. There are occasional small bubbles in between the canes. I have seen only one like this and the claim was Murano. But everybody claims Murano. Does anyone want to venture a guess?

IMG_6677.JPG IMG_6676.JPG thumbnail_IMG_6685.jpg IMG_6678.JPG IMG_6679.JPG IMG_6681.JPG

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Figtree3, judy, dude and 3 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The second floating one looks Fratelli Toso to me. I'm not convinced that says AH: I can't think of an Italian surname that would begin with H. It's not a letter that's used.

judy, silverbell, dude and 5 others like this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Looks to be ALT factory mark?
    F86E1430-6C53-4C33-B81E-3512246D1952.jpeg

Figtree3, judy, dude and 5 others like this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

6. KikoBlueEyes

So helpful I didn't know there weren't H surnames in Italy. I thought it was clear as a bell.
    Fratelli Toso was one of the attributions for a very similar weight. Fratelli Toso Millefiori Vintage Murano Glass Paper Weight | Chairish This one has pink centers but very like. I so appreciate your knowledge and help. Thank you.

Figtree3, judy, dude and 4 others like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

judy, dude, BoudiccaJones and 3 others like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Perfect. Much better view than mine. You can see the ALT more clearly. Thank you so much.

9. KikoBlueEyes

I know how you feel. It takes me forever sometimes to find something and then I came back and three people who know something had posted before me. ;)

silverbell, dude, bercrystal and 3 others like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Speaking a language can be a help. My Italian is sparse, but enough to know surnames don't start with H.

I've had a floating Toso weight or two. Yours is unusual with that monochrome palette. Makes it very attractive.

11. KikoBlueEyes

I love you speak multiple languages. After many years of study, I still can only speak one.
    Floating weight. I see that now that you mention it twice. Sometimes I'm thick. They marked it down at the resale shop because it had no color. I looked at it and saw its careful construction.

dude, bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I'm not either....Wondering if it says A...smaller L...then T....?? Not that I know who that might be...I don't...just what I'm seeing...

dude and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

14. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Beautiful paperweights... I especially like the smaller one.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  15. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. They have already joined my permanent collection. I turn down a lot of paperweights in all forms now, because I have enough to start to be selective. These I had to have.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    Ownedbybear, bercrystal and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted