Featured Two Perfume Bottles - One - Art Deco?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Mar 15, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I promised myself I wouldn't go back to buy more of the reseller's personal treasures, but I did. :bag: :bag::bag::bag: I'll show you the pieces that I went back for later, but I'll start with some questions about these two perfume bottles. The first was labeled Art Deco. Is there any basis for this? The cutouts are frosted glass. It's fairly large at 6 inches tall and 4 inches at the widest point. Nothing on the bottom but some old label glue.
    Number 2 is frosted as well with a clear cut out, I supposed so you can see the level of perfume remaining. There is a small piece of the old label on the bottom that says "Co." at the end. The atomizer is plated gold (corrected). It is 4 inches tall. I like the color and the shape. Any thoughts on this one?

IMG_9708.jpg IMG_9709.jpg IMG_9710.jpg IMG_9711.jpg IMG_9716.jpg IMG_9715.jpg IMG_9713.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Any Jewelry, komokwa, elarnia and 8 others like this.
  2. FlThrifter

FlThrifter Member

3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That first is typical of Czech between the wars glass. They're both very fine.

5. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

I knew you would go back!!!!! I was just wondering how long it would take you. Lol :happy::happy::happy:
    You are too funny x

6. KikoBlueEyes

Yes. The shape of the bottom is very similar. Excellent research. I couldn't find a thing like it. I appreciate you doing this. i will have to take off the glue bits and check underneath. Thank you.

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

8. KikoBlueEyes

I told him no no no. The truth is I called him today and asked about a piece, so I have no shame.

9. KikoBlueEyes

He must have bought an entire collection of bottles from this time period. There are more but I will resist. Thank you for confirming the general time period. I'm glad I also got the second one. I put it down several times over the last week before I gave up.

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

11. KikoBlueEyes

The one mentions "It is signed in the oval made in Czechoslovakia acid stamp." I removed the glue, and it does not have a stamp of signature.
    IMG_9718.JPG IMG_9720.JPG

12. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Your blue bottle is shown in the 1922 DeVilbiss catalog with a stock number of E-2.

As far as your purple one I agree with OOB on the age but the design does not say Art Deco to me.

Is the bottom indented or flat & polished?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  13. bercrystal

Oh & BTW if he is selling DeVilbiss bottles I want to see what else he has for sale!!! :p:p :playful::playful::playful::playful: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  14. KikoBlueEyes

My goodness 1922. That's fantastic. The first one's base is indented.

15. bercrystal

I might want to walk back my comment about dating. What does the stopper look like?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  16. KikoBlueEyes

He has several more, but I don't know what kind they are, though. I could ask him if I could stop by and take some pictures.

bercrystal likes this.
  17. KikoBlueEyes

It matches the bottle.

IMG_9708.jpg

18. bercrystal

That would be wonderful!!! However, I do not want to step on your toes. :kiss::kiss:

You will always get the first choice of anything he has for sale. :happy::happy::happy:

I'm sorry I was not specific enough in my question. What does the bottom of the stopper look like? Does it have a dauber or is it just flat?

Any Jewelry and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  19. KikoBlueEyes

He's moving and needs to rid himself of hundreds of objects. I'll ask him if I can come over. I'm bottled out, so they are all yours if you want them.
    Here is the stopper
    IMG_9721.JPG

bercrystal likes this.
  20. bercrystal

I have found that this type of stopper is later than the ones with the glass daubers. I would tend to think this one might be more towards the 1950s to 1960s.

Don't get me wrong I still think it is still a pretty bottle but I don't think it is as early as first thought.

BTW those acid etched marks are sometimes very hard to find. A couple of tricks to find the little buggers is to stand next to a sunny window or under a strong light. Also breathing on them sometimes makes them stand out & of course, always have your trusty magnifying glass in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted