Two Unusual Blue & White Plates

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by 15Stiftgasse, Mar 21, 2021.

1. 15Stiftgasse

15Stiftgasse Well-Known Member

402_-297142195.jpg 402_-1657732896.jpg 104_-202439908.jpg 104_-826606325.jpg Whilst looking to expand my (embarassingly small !) collection of Delftware, I recently came across these two interesting blue and white plates, the like of which I have never seen before.
    They appear to be probably from the same region, but maybe of slightly different periods.

The plate with the reticulated edge measures c.24cm diameter and bears an impressed mark which may possibly be a stylised '7' and '6' combined.
    The plate with the lattice edge measures c.20cm. There appears to be an impressed mark, but this may possibly be only a firing flaw.

Has anyone seen similar plates to these and be good enough to suggest the probable country of origin and - if at all possible - the likely period from which they originate ?

Many thanks and best wishes to all !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
    doreen likes this.
  2. Rosiposey

Rosiposey Member

Very sweet!

15Stiftgasse likes this.
  3. gregtheelder

gregtheelder Active Member

Hi,
    I can see the first one with a red or yellow ribbon threaded through it.
    greg

15Stiftgasse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted