Unknown designer chairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Andrew Rogers, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Andrew Rogers

Andrew Rogers New Member

2. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

The first chair above looks to me like 1960s Danish mid century modern. Here is a similar chair on Etsy that is in this basic style (scroll down a little on the page). Vintage mid century modern pieces are commanding high prices these days!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/286625407/danish-modern-lounge-chair-mid-century?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=danish+teak+mid+century+lounge+chair&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=03803f1340e78085c38c0365a12568a9cf2b8a3b:286625407

I don't know anything about the second chair except that it looks like a mid century piece with good value.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    i need help likes this.
  3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

The second chair looks like Milo Baughman.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Sorry I can't help on your chairs, but I CAN WELCOME you to ANTIQUERS, Andrew!!!! Others will be along to help with the chairs though!!!

i need help likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

or they may not.......
    better post these again under Furniture !!!!!

Oh.....welcome !:happy:

Aquitaine and i need help like this.
  6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

...or, how about if we avoid a duplicate thread and ask @daveydempsey or @Bookahtoo to move this thread over there?

Aquitaine, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nat West one is Ercol. I bet the second one is Habitat.

8. Andrew Rogers

Andrew Rogers New Member

Thanks all so far, I thought the NatWest ones looked fairly ercol style but there's a lot of similar ones to the ercol design I think. The second lounge style chair I've really struggled to find any info on the strange thing is that the upholstery on it is quite particular (mother in law was a high end upholsterer in a past life) it's been noted how the front piece where your calf's would rest is all one piece of fabric rather than 3 stitched pieces (apparently unusual and costly to do)

Apologies for not putting this in the right section thank you for moving it.

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. Andrew Rogers

Andrew Rogers New Member

So the ercol research led me strangely to ikea, it seems the wooden chairs are Esbjerg from 1950s Ikea..

10. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

I am glad you found an answer!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Andrew Rogers -- interesting chairs. I'm not a furniture expert and would not have been able to help with these. But learned something!

Jaena likes this.
  12. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I knew IKEA was older than it seemed. Their early stuff has got very collectible.

judy and Jaena like this.
  14. Andrew Rogers

Andrew Rogers New Member

Thanks all, just trying to figure out the other one now lol

15. Andrew Rogers

Andrew Rogers New Member

So appears these may not be IKEA after all, the arms on ours are bowed and curved which you don't see on the IKEA ones, it's very frustrating just no idea what they are worth and we are struggling to keep them in the house as they are just too large

16. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Jivvy and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted