Unknown Italian Ceramic marked “A”

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Crystal72384, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Crystal72384

Crystal72384 New Member

okay, I have another one that is unknown. Does anyone have any info on the maker of this ceramic jar??

Thank you everyone for hour help!!!

70892C60-FA03-4EFC-AACB-37A78A6D3DF8.jpeg A631A969-9AB3-4BEC-8631-006A3F624184.jpeg 2190D6B2-0261-4C54-B4E9-A30F339C94A0.jpeg

antidiem likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Pssst: Edit your title to add some words, like 'Italian ceramic' so the people who know about this stuff are more likely to see your question.

3. Crystal72384

Crystal72384 New Member

Thank you! I didn't realized what I put there

Pat P and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

Now add "Marked A' :happy:

5. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

Porcellane D'Arte (Porcelain Art) of Ermete Agostinelli. Ermete opened his porcelain factory in 1955 in Bassano, near Venice. Ermete's decision to create his own studio was due to a disagreement with the Dal Pra family who had all worked together at Agnostinelli & Dal Pra (A&D) factory since 1883. Porcellane D'Arte is still active.

Pat P, antidiem, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  6. Bronwen

Thanks for making me look like I was right &, as always, for all the great info.

Pat P, i need help and antidiem like this.
  7. Crystal72384

Crystal72384 New Member

Wow! Thanks so much for all the info! I never would have figured any of that out.

Any idea how I might find out what this is worth? Or if it’s worth anything at all?

Pat P and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

Now that you know how to describe it, you can do what the rest of us do: search using the descriptive words to find something the same or similar; look for auction results for these things; check eBay SOLD listings for anything similar.

Not every seller will know what the A stands for, so you can search both for Porcellane D'Arte, but also more generally using basic words like porcelain, lidded, handles, gold, etc.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted