Unknown Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by AC123, Aug 12, 2018.

1. AC123

AC123 New Member

Hi does anyone know what type of pottery this is, or the age? I think they are from 2 different plates, but only have a small piece of the the plates.

9194F55B-11D9-4615-BD2C-26A325269DD1.jpeg

Regards

2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Where were they found? How big are the pieces? Also, can you post pictures of the edges and back sides of them? Thanks.

Edit: without anything else to go on I'd say they are probably fragments of a willow pattern china piece. See here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_pattern

3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

remnants of an azulejo or old Delft tile ?

judy likes this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

You can use plain water and a soft toothbrush to clean the dirt from the side so you can see the paste body better.

These do appear to be transfer printed patterns which are usually, though not exclusively, printed on some type of refined earthenware. Blue willow is a good guess. It was created over 200 years ago and it's been made by many, many pottery factories with variations to the pattern and even variations on different pieces in a set. There also have been many pavilion patterns etc along with all sorts of romantic and historic patterns.

I eat on Blue Willow daily so I cropped a portion of a gravy to show what could be similar to yours. I flipped yours around.

upload_2018-8-13_11-26-56.png upload_2018-8-13_11-30-40.png

upload_2018-8-13_11-33-42.png

dgbjwc, all_fakes, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted