Unmarked china oval platter w pink purple morning glory flowers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Apr 10, 2020.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Am hoping someone might know the maker and/or pattern name of this unmarked oval platter. It features blue, purple and pink morning glory flowers and has a 22k gold trimmed rim. It measures 13-1/4" by 9-1/2" in diameter. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA
    Kathy morning glory mystery platter april 10 2020 041.JPG morning glory mystery platter  april 10 2020 044.JPG morning glory mystery platter  april 10 2020 043.JPG

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Hi Kaudet, I don't know the maker, but it looks English to me. Your photos and description of it are wonderful. Hang on, hopefully someone will have more thoughts on it, and perhaps a direction for you to research.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. antidiem

I forgot to say, it's very pretty! :cat:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. Base isn't English, it looks more Austrian or German to me.

5. antidiem

Thank you, Owned. :kiss:

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Am trying to think of companies that used an oval foot ring on platters. Do you know of any?

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I have seen bases like that and I “think” mainly on European stuff, but I’m wondering if it could possible be American? Dunno, just guessing.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Just looked at the bottom again and I am seeing the letter P followed by numbers 12 (P12) incised into the bottom. The P looks as if it were impressed with a stamp, but the numbers are hand written. Any ideas???

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted