Featured Unmarked MCM Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Verrefou, May 31, 2023.

1. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

I thought this vase was too interesting to leave behind when I saw it at a recent yard sale. It is 14 inches tall and unsigned. Any help with an ID would be appreciated! DSC01067 (2).JPG DSC01069 (2).JPG

judy, Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My first thought was either West German or Italian but the bottom is not quite I would expect. Sorry I can't help more but perhaps my comment will encourage discussion by others.

Happy!, judy, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That looks new chinese to me,but I could be wrong.

judy, Figtree3, verybrad and 3 others like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Yes, or perhaps Vietnam. Nice vase though.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

kentworld, judy, Figtree3 and 4 others like this.
  6. Verrefou

Verrefou Active Member

I appreciate all of your help...thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Happy! and judy like this.
  7. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The glaze is very attractive. Congratulations on the find!

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I purchased 2 similar vases together (came as a lot). Sold one and kept one because I think it's so pretty. At the time, I remember thinking they were likely recent Asian imports and apparently so did everyone else in the room because I bought them low. But sometimes, even the new stuff merits a few dollars. My vase is so similar to yours that I think it came from the same place. I can't believe they're asking $600 for that real tall one linked above! If you bought this for resale, I think it will sell because it's attractive and the hint of mid century helps too.

Here's my vase.

DSCF8906.jpeg DSCF8907.jpeg

Figtree3 likes this.
  9. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    Figtree3, komokwa and dgbjwc like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Seeing lots of these crystalline glazed vases in the marketplace. New in the import stores from China in the last 10 years or so and showing on the secondary market regularly. I own a couple I bought early on. Saw a pair with an unusual and striking green crystalline glaze the other day that I had not seen before. Would have bought them, had they not been over-priced. There are so many out there that I think it will take ages for them to be worth much unless they are somehow unusual.

kentworld, Figtree3 and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted