Unmarked milk jug or creamer - porcelain

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Katrina, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Katrina

Katrina New Member

Hi Everyone
    I'm new here. I have a milk jug or creamer (I'm not sure how to tell the difference) that my mother gave me that she said belonged to her mother.
    It has no markings.
    I've tried searching the web but since it has no identifying manufacturer markings I've been unable to identify it.
    I have no idea if it was part of a set or not.
    There is no image on the other side, except the gold flowers that go around the top of the vase. It also has a green behind the flowers that goes all the way around too at the top of the jug.
    The dots at the waist only go around the front.
    It has what looks like an oval on the side (see the 3rd photo) but it's not readable as the glaze covers it.
    I don't know if anyone can help me at all.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Cheers
    Katrina
    20170428_212404.jpg 20170429_000228.jpg 20170428_212706.jpg

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, Katrina! Nice to have an heirloom collected from previous generations!!!! Keep checking back as more will be along who know more about your pitcher....which looks to me like it was part of a Pitcher and Washbowl set....BUT then I don't know the size either!!!! If you're saying 'possible creamer' it must be fairly small??? Be sure to post that!!! There are those here that can recognize the pattern!

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the boards.

Size would help determine if it is a creamer or milk pitcher.

A pretty little pitcher.
    It is transfer design, not hand painted.

This is only my opinion, nothing to back it up. When I see this type of design, I usually think German/Austrian. 1890s -19teens. Pre WWI

They are not a high value item, and with the large chip on the spout, I'm afraid the only value will be sentimental.

4. Katrina

Katrina New Member

Hi There,
    Thanks so much for your quick replies.
    I knew there would be something I would forget.
    It is 3 1/2 inches tall and just over 4 inches wide.
    I knew with the chips it wouldn't be worth anything.
    But I was really curious to its origin as Google isn't turning up anything like it at all. Not in these flower colours at all.
    I take it if it is a creamer or a milk pitcher then it would be part of a tea set?
    Thanks so much. I have no knowledge in this area. It's nice to be able to ask those that do.
    Cheers
    Katrina

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Creamer not milk pitcher.

6. Katrina

Katrina New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted