Unusual Criterion Measuring Tools, Any Information Please...

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Martin RSPCA, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help identify these tools for me, I have searched with no luck, they are a set of three "T" shaped tools, each contains a small rod within, I know that if you squeeze the head of the "T" they contract, you can then make them expand with the clever design of the inner rod and screw capped base,

I wondered if maybe you inserted the "T" into some form of pipe, allow it to contract and then twist the end, you would have the exact inner dimension of an internal pipe or cylinder.

I am just guessing at the moment, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin
    P1130515 (Medium).JPG P1130516 (Medium).JPG P1130518 (Medium).JPG P1130519 (Medium).JPG P1130517 (Medium).JPG P1130520 (Medium).JPG

judy and komokwa like this.
  2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

3. It's a set of hole bore gauges, used to measure the inside diameter of a hole. You push the spring-loaded parts inward and then tighten the screw, which holds them in place. Then you put it into a hole, and release the screw so they expand again, and then tighten the screw, again. Then you can remove it from the hole and measure it to get the correct diameter. Useful for mechanics, machinists, instrument makers, all sorts of trades. I sold tools for 20+ years... : )

blooey, Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted