Featured Unusual Hand Blown Footed Sauce

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Serendipity, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

This piece came with a collection of early hand blown, cut glassware, so I am guessing it is also antique - but I have never seen anything like it. It almost looks modern, like Simon Pearce. Any ideas? footed sauce.jpg footed sauce 2.jpg footed sauce 3.jpg footed sauce 4.jpg

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Measurements??? Could be a creamer. Older ones were larger.
    Patd

judy, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Spout looks like an afterthought. Can't imagine being able to pour anything safely.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I can't remember the proper term, but it's basically a wine taster. Not a tastevin. Probably Georgian - how grey is the glass?

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and judy like this.
  5. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

It is 5" tall and about 4 3/4" diameter at the rim. A bit big for a creamer.

6. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

It has a bit of a grey cast to it. The glass is very thick and doesn't have much resonance to it. The spout pours well, but as you might expect it pours in a thin, slow stream.

Bronwen and judy like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

In that case, I'll go with Georgian. The idea was that you sloshed the wine round, drank and I think then slooshed it out.

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Member

It’s very pretty, nice lines. I like it.

Bronwen likes this.
  9. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

Thanks so much for your help!

10. Serendipity

Serendipity Member

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted